MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys & Girls.

Got back last week from our annual pilgrimage to the Classic Bike revival meeting at Imola..

We had a great time and boy was the weather hot !!. I had no idea Italy could be so hot this time of year..

Did the usual Ducati museum tour, as it’s just round the corner from Bologna airport, but the factory itself was closed to visitors this time.. I suspect it’s because they are gearing up to produce the new superbike model.

Finally got to meet Steve Baker (one of my childhood hero’s), Ago and Read in the paddock and blagged a signature of them.

Unfortunately, King Kenny wasn’t there this year, which is a great shame, as the event was celebrating Yamaha’s 50th anniversary..

Imola put on a great show and I recommend you guys put it on your to do this for next year..

We had some fantastic food and gallons of gelato’s.. I must have put on half a stone in 5 days..

Highly recommend the hotel Zio in Imola as the place to stay and the ristoranteTavernetta in the Centro Storico and ristorante Pizzeria in via case di Dozza as places to eat.. Great food and good, cheap plonk.

Took hundreds of pictures and here are just a few..

The first few pictures are of central Bologna, the local talent ;)and the trip to the Ducati factory ..

Hope you enjoy them.

John

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Imola Old Town

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ago...

During the event I managed to meet Ago and Steve Baker, and they both signed my 200 Miglia di Imola Revival event ceramic tile..

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Respect to Senna

We went to pay our respect to the Senna merorial whist walking around the circuit..

RIP Ayrton Senna Da Silva.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Classic MV's and THE REAL DEAL !!!!!

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yamaha 50th Anniversary display and some nice private Yamaha's

Yamaha put on a superb display to celebrate their 50th Anniversary .. ( same as the Classic Bikers meeting at Spa) ..

Here are a few pictures of their display and check out the works Moto GP engine's...The crank cases are made of CNC :jsm::mouthwate.. These engine's are amazing and the pictures don't give them justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2IJ-GN4rdw

Yamaha.. The new King's of Bling !

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The new MV F1 Supermoto !!

This wooden bike actually worked.. It have an electric engine and basic suspension.. Even had wooden brakes ( better than some current bike's back brake :laughing:) and the chain actually functioned..

Amazing craftsmanship !!

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Classic photographs

These are a few of the classic racing photographs on display at the event.. I've only attached a few, but the collection of photographs was amazing and some of the best I've seen over the years..

I thought I'd share them with you guys..

Hope you enjoyed these pictures.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Thanks for sharing JDS. I can only imagine that its a a great experience to go and enjoy the atmosphere!!

Lovely.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Vikki and I go to Imola every year, missed this year, but thanks to your awesome pictures, we feel as though we were there... Thank you so much for sharing

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
We might detour our European holiday next year and put Bologna on our list of must go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts