MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, new member here. has anyone had experience with overheating/ boil over? my f4 has 168 miles on it and , lost about a quart of coolant after turning it off the other day

·
Registered
878 Posts
welcome...
check your coolant relay. It could be malfunctioning, and/or disconnected.
It is right under the tank on the throttle side.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi,
as suggested check the fan is working ,I think its a 15 amp fuse.

As your bike has only 168 miles it may have been overfilled ,both my bikes run with the coolant level close to the min mark,when filled to the max mark they will just pump the coolant back out down to the min .

·
Registered
375 Posts
macmivvi said:
both my bikes run with the coolant level close to the min mark,when filled to the max mark they will just pump the coolant back out down to the min .

Same here. Remove some of the coolant until it is just above the MIN mark when cold.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Yep it sounds like the dealer overfilled it. It's one of the little things that annoys me about the MV as I don't like the levels in my cars or bikes being at min. :stickpoke Do keep an eye on your fan if your bike runs really hot as I have seen pics of some that have melted.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Rocket...melted? really?
I know it gets hot up here, I have heard of leaving fan running once ride finished, but melted?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Yeah there was a thread on this at mvagustaf4.com with the pics. I can't remember wohse bikes it happened to but if someone has the pics please post em.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
courtesy ddnuts IIRC. Confirmed on 1 brutale and numerous 1000's on Italian forum. Do check your coolant level, should be at MIN as mentioned. Check fan operation as mentioned above. Many old timers prefer to switch off the bike then just elec back on to let the fan run after shutting down. Let it cool with the fan running until it shuts itself off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts