MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. What is the difference in the full Ti systems between the two. One of these day I will break down and complete the exhaust on my bike. Currently I just have a Ti midpipe and modified exhaust.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The Bodis ones are LOUD through out the rev range. This could be the large overall diameter of the pipes from the headers all the way to the slip ons.

The riding house has smaller diameter pipes compared to Bodis, at idle its louder than RG3, but not as loud as Sil motos. Bodis are the loudest I've hear. I would say its as loud as a Casoli modded pipe at idle.

The riding house pipes has similar overall diameter as the stock slip ons, for example where it meets the midpipe.

The Riding house ones are design to be sold as either a slip on or full system, so the overall design cannot be as wild as the Bodis one, which I can only assume is sold as a complete system, ie cannot use the bodis as a slip on only.

As the revs increase (above 5000rpm) the Riding house pipes makes a high pitch sound, like a Tubi exhaust on a F355. So the riding house system does not become louder as the revs increase. This could be the design restriction of the muffler part of the slip on, the hole is not that big.

I've done a couple of 3rd gear fly bys and people say the pipes are not that loud but more high pitched sound.

On the Bodis, when changing the oil filter, apparently you will need to remove the pipes or sections of the pipes to get to the filter. You need to verify this with someone who has a Bodis system.

When changing the oil filter on the riding house system, you need to loosen the springs and bolt that hold the pipe in place, just enough to loosen the pipes to get at the oil filter. You don't need to remove the pipes off the bike completely.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks
Any difference in power?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Without a proper dyno, I'll only be talking from my personal experience. I'm only running RG3 chip on the Tambo no PC3 as I want to keep it as stock as possible.

You can feel more midrange compare to the RG3 slip on and when the revs goes above 10k it feels like the engine is neutral, ie it touches red line very quickly. Overall the engine feel lively thoughout the rev range.

When Emoto were selling them, they claim you benefit from an additional 10-12hp from a proper PC3 tune. If you want right out power, go with the Arrow twin can, they are suppose to have the most power.

I and most people out there realistically can't uses up 100% of the potential of the bike in the first place - more power is just for bragging with your mates at the pub.

Both with the Bodis and Riding house, you'll shave a good 6kg off the standard system.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Here's some food for thought:

More power where? When the question is asked, most people assume it is at the top of the RPM range. This may not necessarily be so, nor desirable.

Daniel picked up 10 hp on his Senna by installing the full titanium exhaust, but peak horsepower remained the same. The pick up was at 9,000 if I remember correctly. Much more usable but not good for bragging at the pub.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I can't use all my power. But with the price of the systems I want to get the most bang for my buck. I want first is nicer sound. Second is weight savings. Last is power.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Riding house

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Both are very good exhausts and the bodis is better quality and louder than the Riding House versions. We have fitted and tested both on our 1000R and if you want more of a high pitched sound then go for the RH version and if you like to hear thunder when your riding then go for the bodis.

I will say this though, The RH has DB killers and the bodis dont but Riding house have stopped producing thier exhaust so not available anymore brand new and impossible to get spare parts should a baffle get lost.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Al

·
Banned
62 Posts
Both are very good exhausts and the bodis is better quality and louder than the Riding House versions. We have fitted and tested both on our 1000R and if you want more of a high pitched sound then go for the RH version and if you like to hear thunder when your riding then go for the bodis.

I will say this though, The RH has DB killers and the bodis dont but Riding house have stopped producing thier exhaust so not available anymore brand new and impossible to get spare parts should a baffle get lost.

I mentioned years back that I liked a loud exhaust sound and hell the Riding House exhaust is loud, possibly too loud even for me.

I havent heard the bodis but if its louder than Riding House, then your gonna get pulled up by the boys in blue due to noise regulations.

not sure about bodis but Riding house have removable baffles which you can refit when MOT is due. The baffles look very straight foward too, I would consider they can very easily be made up by anyone who has lathe work experience should one get lost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts