MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago someone posted a question on the best cleaning/polishing agent for the Bodis. I couldn't find the original post after a search, but hopefully this answers the question on the use of NevrDull.

For those who are not familiar with the NevrDull product, it is basically a roll of wadding saturated with what seems to be a petroleum (?) based solvent. From what I've read, people use it to clean all types of metals, and I've seen examples of it being used to clean titanium exhausts from cars to bikes. You can do a simple youtube search to see some of these applications.

To provide context, my bodis was installed new on the bike, and originally looked like MiamiMV's currently does. I've had it for about a year and a half, and as the color starts to change to blue, it also darkens those areas that do not tint blue.

Well, after about 30 minutes of application, it didn't give the same results that those youtube videos seem to profess. I was looking to brighten up the darker areas, while leaving the blue tint intact (that won't change, which is ok) My only guess is that as the solvent is good on cleaning contaminants on the surface, the titanium coloration goes all the way through the metal, even the darker parts. While the pictures don't seem to show much, the NevrDull removed the surface dirt, but did not provide the brighter look of the original metal.

So this is just an FYI for those looking to polish their exhausts with this particular product.

The top picture is before, and the bottom picture is after.

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
The after shots looks good IMO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The after shots looks good IMO
I guess you are right. I suppose maybe I had unrealistic expectations in trying to get it back to stock condition. Now that I looked at most of the videos, most of them seem to be of different types of metal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts