MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I am attempting to install a Bodis on my 2013 F4 1000 RR. I have the entire system in place but when I try to fit the oil cooler lines and the oil cooler bracket there is a major interference. That is the oil lines interfere with the header pipes on the right side of the bike. I must be missing something. Any suggestions would be helpful especially from those that have fit a Bodis exhaust to an FY13 F4.

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
I had a full Bodis on my 2013 so I know they fit but I didn't do the install so I'm not much help.

·
Vendor
5,483 Posts
I cannot comment on a Y13,but fitting Bodis full system on my 1078 F4 I had to make spacers for fan and rear footpeg clearance.Contact Bodis direct and explain your issues if no-one here can help.

·
Registered
661 Posts
not sure if your system is actually for a 13. hows the original system run through that area? I will look at mine next chance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All:

Thanks for your feedback. After hearing that the Bodis had been successfully placed onto other FY13's I reviewed my installation and concluded two things: 1) the titanium bracket around the tops of the headers (that the springs attach to) goes onto the head stud AFTER the spacer (thus providing an anchor location for the springs at the tops of the headers) and (2) that the bracket holding the oil cooler needs to be modified to allow for the cooler lines to stand proud of the headers by 4 to 5 mm.

Also, just old-fashioned "tinkering" with the assembly allows you to get a mm or so. That is, adjusting all the eight pieces to assure any positioning leads to the oil lines moving away from the headers.

Parts at the machine shop now ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts