MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have pictures of the header pipes installed on a +2010? I can't seem to figure out how this is supposed to work.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As awesome as that picture is, it doesn't help. I'm stumped on how the header pipes actually attach to the engine and the order the brackets are put on the stud. The only way I can get it to work is to put the header pipes in, put the Bodis bracket holding the pipes together on, then flip the oem "cross" bracket around from the way it came off. This seems so wrong but it's the only way the pipes seem to sit right.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might see the issue. Are the bodis brackets supposed to have a bend or be straight?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Man, I can't believe no one has helped you. You should message spainf4 or look up his threads. He went into detail installing bodis headers and slipon. With pics.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have good pictures for installing the slipon and removing the flap cables but I have not installed the headers yet.

·
Super Moderator
22,874 Posts
Does this help?

bodis.jpg

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure I've figured it out. The OEM cross bracket is not used with the bodis headers at all, the plates/brackets attached to the header pipe ends were bent from over tightening, and the spacers needed weren't included. I've bent the plates back as best I could, and used a slightly larger nut as a spacer on the stud. I also had to take the slip on end to the shop and have the gasket end expanded out as that end was also over tightened from the previous owner and couldn't get the gasket to fit. Everything will get tightened up tonight, radiator and tank put back on, and fingers crossed there's no leaks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. SpainF4's thread helped a lot. All the searches I did and his never popped up for me until I just searched his username.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So attempt one, headers leaked like crazy. The Bodis brackets were bent so bad that they couldn't push in flush on the pipes. So pulled it all off again and realized the ends actually can pull off the pipe (duh:banghead:), allowing you to remove the bracket. Just flipped the brackets around, tightened until they bent back and sat flush, and it all seems to work now:f4:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sweet :)
I need headers now. From what I understand BODIS has different types of silencer inserts. Some are louder and some are quieter. I wonder is I can get the louder ones or will I have to cut the ones that came with the exhaust.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need headers now. From what I understand BODIS has different types of silencer inserts. Some are louder and some are quieter. I wonder is I can get the louder ones or will I have to cut the ones that came with the exhaust.
Hmm, I did not know that. When I first started it, I had the silencers out, but promptly put them back in LOL. The volume was absurd. But now after riding last night for the first time, I almost wish they were just a smidgen louder with the silencers installed.

Definitely needs a tune now though. Low end response is atrocious and tons of popping on deceleration. It's a long shot, but here's to hoping Microtec comes out with something before the winter season, otherwise I'll be getting either the Rexxer reflash or the Rapidbike system. Whichever one I can get dyno tuned somewhat close to where I live.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Microtec has a decent ecu replacement. Give chris a call and he'll sort you out.
Popping on decel is there to stay though when riding hard ��

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Microtec has a decent ecu replacement. Give chris a call and he'll sort you out.
Popping on decel is there to stay though when riding hard ��
Microtec deosn't have a replacement for the Eldor ECU, at least not yet. It's been out for a couple years now and still nothing, so I'm thinking they might not be doing it...

·
Vendor
5,489 Posts
As far as I understand the Bodis Slip-ons have removeable baffles with packing for the Y10 models so you can make them as loud or quiet as you want by how much packing you use.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but if I've already had the bike tuned would removing some of the baffles change anything negatively. (As far as the mapping)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Microtec deosn't have a replacement for the Eldor ECU, at least not yet. It's been out for a couple years now and still nothing, so I'm thinking they might not be doing it...
Ummm. This is for the 2010+ generation f4? I have the same bike and a microtec m227 ecu supplied by x-bikes

·
Registered
314 Posts
Microtec does not work on 2013+ bikes. Rexxer and RapidBike are the only options at the moment.

I will try removing some of the fiberglass from the baffles and see if it sings a little louder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts