MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I have a 2013 F4 1000RR. I am asking if anyone knows the proper way to install the spacer on the header brackets? Does the spacer go behind the bracket or in front? If it is in front it (the bracket) puts pressure directly on the header pipes into the head (and therefore the springs are not needed), if on the back the springs put the pressure on the header pipes to hold them in the head. In the first case the pressure on the header into the head is quite high in the second case the pressure is dictated by the spring tension.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
OK, I just re-read and realized you are talking about Bodis V. stock

·
Registered
229 Posts
All:

I have a 2013 F4 1000RR. I am asking if anyone knows the proper way to install the spacer on the header brackets? Does the spacer go behind the bracket or in front? If it is in front it (the bracket) puts pressure directly on the header pipes into the head (and therefore the springs are not needed), if on the back the springs put the pressure on the header pipes to hold them in the head. In the first case the pressure on the header into the head is quite high in the second case the pressure is dictated by the spring tension.
Wait; which "spacer" are you questioning: the one on the exhaust port or the one at the "collector" ? -Davis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts