MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a Bodis exhaust system on a MY2010+ F4/F4R/F4RR? Does the Bodis system have the required fixtures for mounting the heat shield? If not, does exhaust wrap work well at keeping the heat from the piping "in check"?

Any and all input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bodis Heat Shield

Bodis come without any heat shield fixtures.

I wasn't sure just how hot they were going to be so I had someone weld the fitments on as shown here

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim,

I used the Moto Wheels mounting hardware from their universal heat shield kit (this kit is now discontinued and according to them-I got THE last one!) and a Design Corse C/F heat shield (it has a glossy appearance and it's the same size and shape of the stock piece when compared to the relatively small C/F piece that came with the Moto Wheel universal heat shield kit). The Moto Wheels mounting hardware consist of two hose clamps and most importantly a curved nut plate that's designed to fit under the hose clamps. It looks pretty clean (but not as clean as having fitments welded to the pipe IMHO- I may have this done at some point in the future) and it beats the alternatives of either no heat shield or wrapping the exhaust pipe to attempt to keep the heat from the pipe at bay. I have not riden my bike yet to determine the effectiveness of my solution.

Will

Can you let us know how that works out. I have my Bodis coming in soon and looking for a good solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts