MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent been in the forum for a while sorry if theres already a thread somewhere about this but i couldnt find it. Did anyone buy this exhaust and can tell the story? It looks a little weird to me with one pipe inside of the outer pipe? And in one of the pictures that inner pipe is missing, is the inner pipe a removable baffle or whats up with that. I think it looks good exept for the inner pipe thing.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Havent been in the forum for a while sorry if theres already a thread somewhere about this but i couldnt find it. Did anyone buy this exhaust and can tell the story? It looks a little weird to me with one pipe inside of the outer pipe? And in one of the pictures that inner pipe is missing, is the inner pipe a removable baffle or whats up with that. I think it looks good exept for the inner pipe thing.....
Forgot to put the link:http://www.bodis-exhaust.com/index.php?page=2010-3&hl=en_UK

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have one on order from Gutsy, but it's taking forever to arrive here. I'm hoping I'll have it at my doorstep within the next 2 weeks. I'll do a full write up and video when I do the install.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Do we know if it will bolt up to the RG4 headers? It's a slip-on, correct? The stock exhaust doesn't seem to have anything in common with the RG4 for fitment.

I am sooooo interested in one for my F4 racebike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So the RG4 is a full system only? I thought you could get it as a slip-on... That's what I was hoping, anyway. I have no need for a full system, so spending less on a sexy looking/sounding slip-on in the option I'd go with.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I asked a vendor once before and he said the RG4 headers will work with the stock muffler, but I don't think it'll work the other way around. I think the RG4 midpipe is different, but don't quote me on this.

Also, the RG4 muffler is not titanium and looks stock. You could just buy the carbon tips if you just want the look. The sound will not be much different.
Look at Zard or Bodis

·
Registered
76 Posts
Zard looks terrible to me. Bodis is sexy. I would have bought the RG4 and changed to the factory tips, actually! LOL I saw the RG4 fitted at the dealership on a used model, and the carbon was melted. The bike, was only 300 miles used...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just wait a couple of weeks and I'll post up mine with the Bodis. I have the same color F4 as you do, so you'll get a real good indication. I'll do a sound clip as well.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don't remember, because I ordered a wheel removal tool and carbon fender with it. It's on Gutsy's website tho. Maybe like $2150 or so.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't been researching new parts for long for the MV, so anything over $1000 is expensive to me. I have put slip-ons on ALL of my Japanese bikes for less than a grand... TOTAL! LOL

·
Vendor
5,480 Posts
I have the full Bodis system on my 1078 and the quality and workmanship is fantastic.As soon as you get the system you will see why they cost so much.My total Bodis system weighs as much as 1 RG3 muffler.The sound is incredible (a little loud),its good now they have removable baffles so you can quiet it down if you wish.I cannot wait until you fit them and give us some feedback.Good luck and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts