MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering to buy a BMC airfilter. I have the original raceexhaust, midpipe and the eprom that came with the exhaust.

Have any of you any advice? Can you feel any difference i throtte control, power or sound?

·
Registered
822 Posts
The sound difference is night and day, it gives the already beautiful intake charge a good kick in the balls, sounds nasty and angry. Does it make any performance difference? If it does, its not enough to pick up on feel, maybe on a dyno. The main reason I put re-usable air cleaners on all my vehicles is for ease of maintanence and the sound, if it picks up another 1 or 2 HP thats a plus, but no big difference.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Is there any change in the filterbox? New top og anything?

When I changed on my Ducati Monster the filter came with a new top for the box.

Thanks

PS: Will order one right away - just love the angry sound of the intae :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The BMC fits much tighter so no more dirt going around the edge of the air cleaner.

Couple of tips...

Clean the filter box completely to remove all dirt from the crevices around the perimeter.

Grease the edges of the BMC filter with plenty of silicone lube. Fit is tight in some places and grease will allow the filter to slide in easily without damage. The lube will also seal the compartment better.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here is another tip. the BMC is unidirectional. I got one and I have the race exhaust. I don't understand the sound difference. I heared none. If you have a dual layer foam filter like on my 06 R I am going to predict disapointment. Also if I am not mistaken, doesn't the foam flow better than an oiled gauze filter? My 06 seems to have a lot of different parts than the 07s including race cans so maybe I can't hear it. ehh, its a c note so give it a shot I guess.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Don't know about hp gains, but it sounds sweet with the BMC. Just right blend of nasty and nice. I ditched the cat and stock filter at the same time so factor that in as well. It's sad to say, but riding a brute sounding like this makes me feel like I've kicked some ass.

·
Registered
822 Posts
clandestinejinx said:
I don't understand the sound difference. I heared none.
Do you mean to tell me that you did not hear any difference in the intake charge on your bike? It was night and day with mine, and I have the race cans on my 910R.

clandestinejinx said:
Also if I am not mistaken, doesn't the foam flow better than an oiled gauze filter?
No, although I am unaware of the exact CFM difference, the gauze certianly out flows the foam.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Honestly, I noticed nothing but the '06 has some weird parts and the filter is a dual layer foam set up that struck me as one that woud be quite efficient. I was wxpectin some kind of paper set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts