MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be upgrading a number of small items over the winter months, one of which will be the air filter. I want to fit a BMC air filter as I've seen some of our members have already done so and I haven't been able to find threads complaining about them. My only problem is which one to choose? The 'Road' or 'Race' version? I mostly use my bike on the track and only go for a blast on the roads a handfull of times during the year. If anyone out there has experience with the two different BMC air filters for the F4 I'd appreciate your feedback and advice. Is there a marked difference in performance between the stock air filter and the BMC ones. Is there a big difference between the two types of BMC filters (ROAD & RACE types) or would I just be risking my engine for not much performance improvement by choosing the 'Race' filter)? Do they make the bike a lot louder? etc.
By the way I have a PCIII already fitted and intend to dyno the bike again some time after (as soon as I get some more money!) fitting the new air filter.
Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've spoken with emoto about this as I will be ordering the filter from them and they tell me that they have sold both types of BMC filters. So before shelling out my hard earned I want to make sure that I choose the right one (performance vs compromising engine) as I will also be dynoing the bike again once done to remap properly so by the end of it all I'll be spending a fair bit on cash on it and want to make the right choice from the off. I am leaning towards the race filter as I do mostly track day riding and very seldom on the street but I was hoping for some feedback from anyone that has had experience with this filter before I buy one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Two are available: road and race.

I have been informed there is a guy called Kostas who recently purchased a race filter from us, he is on the forum, we have only used the road version, we will ask him to post.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eMoto UK said:
Two are available: road and race.

I have been informed there is a guy called Kostas who recently purchased a race filter from us, he is on the forum, we have only used the road version, we will ask him to post.
Thanks emoto.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
airfuel said:
Hmmm, so wich one does FBF sell. How about a picture of each??
emotoUK has found a guy who uses the 'Race' version so hopefully he'll post some feedback for us. Failing that I may just bite the bullet and buy the race one and then report back once bike is setup. I will also post a picture of the air filter that I end up buying. Logically I'd have thought the 'Road' one is the one normally sold but then again I could be wrong. Watch this space.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm also running the race. I think 6-8000miles on it so far. No appreciable increase of dirt inside the airbox vs the stock twinair MV filter. I've also had all my oil changes analyzed before then during it's use and no appreciable increase in anything there either. As said above FBF only offer the Race in the USA.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello,
I recently bought from emoto the Race Version. The race version offers 14% more flow from the standard BMC filter. I will install it this week and I will dyno the bike. I will keep you updated on the progress. James is right you shouldn't have any problem with the race version (dust wise). But without re-adjusting the CO and a re-programmed ECU chip the bike would run lean. Hope we helped.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
eMoto,
What is the filter material used on the BMC units? What are the pros & cons -vs- the DNC filters? Since I'm not a racer, I'd be more concerned with filtration properties rather than out-and-out air flow. Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. You've all been very helpful. I'll be putting in my order to emotouk early next week for the Race BMC filter and once I've fitted it and had the bike dynod and remapped I'll post the results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts