MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for HES. We just replaced his OEM filter with a BMC unit, and now he says the engine is making a loud noise above 6000 rpm, like a turbine. I noticed a change in mine also after I did my 7500 mile service and installed the BMC. I figure the noise is just that the BMC does not dampen the intake sound a much as the foam OEM unit. Anybody concur with this theory, or is it due to some other quirk of the filter.

All I know is it definitely is noisier when that quad starts breathing hard. :jsm:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Any noticeable performance gain from installing the bmc air filter?.Is true if you have your bike with rg3s ,power commander maped correctly on the dynoe then add a bmc later you need to get the power commander remaped as this affects the air fuel mixture? anyone?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The sound he's referring to is intake noise also referred to as intake howl . It is usually more noticable with aftermarket air cleaners , I personally love the sound . As for the question about re-mapping , if you want the most out of the bike then yes you need to re-map .

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any noticeable performance gain from installing the bmc air filter?.Is true if you have your bike with rg3s ,power commander maped correctly on the dynoe then add a bmc later you need to get the power commander remaped as this affects the air fuel mixture? anyone?
I didn't notice any performance change after I installed my BMC, nor was I expecting to; just the extra noise. I only went to the BMC because it was time for the 7500 mile service and I prefer having an air filter that can be cleaned and reused, rather than a disposable. Any minor performance improvement is incidental, and frankly insignificant. I have the RG3 pipes & EPROM, but no Power Commander.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I concur, a little bit of induction roar from the BMC, haven't got a clue about the performance increase cos I changed filter,pipes and fitted a PC all at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts