MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I parked my motorcycle after a brief 15 minute ride in the city and it started dripping some liquid out of one black rubber tube until it left a noticeable stain on the pavement. I am obviously worried and unsure those three hoses should be open and dripping liquid.

I am new to this bike but I would guess it may be coolant (I have to check the levels carefully..it seems not to have coolant if one looks from outside). However the engine temperature doesn't go further than 214F when I ride, so I am unsure what is going on..

Any ideas? I have posted some pictures of the stain, the blueish color of the liquid and the black tubes (sticking out) where it came from..

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is coolant coming from the overflow tube which means it is either overfull or overheating.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Flush the coolant and replace. The OEM italian stuff sucks. Mine did the same, once I put some decent antifreeze in the problem went away.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
could be a few bubbles in the system....try taking the filler cap off and letting the bike warm up to release the uinwanted air...Some advice is to lean the bike from left to right fairly steep angle with the cap off and for safety maybe the engine too in order to purge the air...look at the simple option first....rgds,

joe

·
Registered
337 Posts
I will also add that you should keep the coolant level at or just just below the "min" level in the overflow tank. Anything over min, the bike will spew coolant.

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good thing it's coming from that small tube. My 910 was leaking from the large tube coming into the radiator when it was new. Was told by a dealer it would go away by itself and that it was a common problem and it did went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts