MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brutale 910S "Blue SPU" and rear hub issue

Hello, i own Brutale 910S 2006 and now the "blue SPU" issue happened to me. After washing, the bike didn't wanted to stop running, even if I had the keys in hands. This is not happening anymore, but I had problem, that sometimes, the signal lights and head light is not working. So I opened the SPU, just removed the blue plastic from back and the plastic cover and the lights started to work again.
I am skilled in electronics and PCB design, so I will try to find the problem. But if anyone of you know, where exactly is the problem, please tell me what component is defective. Or if you have the electric scheme and layout scheme, it would be perfect.

The second part of my question is abot rear hub. Does anyone of you tried this http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-brutale-parts/mv-agusta-brutale-750-910-989-1078rr/mv-agusta-brutale-rear-hubs/ina-hub-bearings-seal-kit-detail
HUB BEARINGS SEAL KIT? The rear hub issue happened to me about year ago, I bought the new hub with axis and everything around for about 2000 USD and I have the damaged hub at home, so I am wondering how to fix it for case that the new hub will break down. Does anyone of you tried to fix it with this kit? Is it difficult, any special tools are needed?

Thanks for your responces

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
There are too many different problems with the SPU... Best to throw it away and get the newer replacement.

The hub you might be able to repair with new bearings, but it depends if there is any damange to the hub itself. There are a few threads here about replacing the bearings. If you are unsure of the old hub take a few pics and post them here.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I'd follow Richards recommendation on rather replacing the SPU, they can catch fire, so not worth the risk.
If you have the "later" upgraded hub, which I imagine you do as MV stopped selling the old hub years ago, then that bearing kit in your link is not the right one for you.
PS. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies,
The hub, that broke was original. I am not sure, if there is the upgraded one, but dealer ordered it about 1 year ago directly from MV, so I hope it is the upgraded hub. But just for case I would like to repair the old one.

With that SPU, I will order the new one, but I am still wondering, where is the problem and if I am able to fix it.

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
????

Donsy;
I don't know how it is in OZ.....

but if you sell a DOT approved vehicle in the US you are REQUIRED by law to supply spares for 7 YEARS AFTER the end of production

eagle;
the Design Corse kit you linked to is missing the inner race for the needle bearing #505535 and it costs more than the needle bearing

anyone that would charge you $2,000 for a hub and axle is a thief.....

oh, that's right the current price for a early HUB in NZ is $2160 without the axle:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

eagle; if you bought the '10+3 bearing hub and axle you should be OK

post pictures of the right side of your old hub and the axle/disc mounting bolts

we will tell you if its savable :drummer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hello Theknurl,
the price for hub and axle was about 1500 USD (in authorised MV Agusta service), but there was damaged also rear brake and brake disc with some screws, so I let them replace everything it for preventive purposes. I will take pictures of it and upload them, I don't remenber, what everything is damaged, because it happened year ago.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,281 Posts
That hub is unserviceable.Do yourself a favour and throw it in the bin.:jsm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts