MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I see some of the bikes with the cool blue heat marks on there headers and others not so blue? :banghead:

·
Registered
375 Posts
The blue headers are Titanium. When the Ti heats up it has that nice blue tinge to it which becomes permanent after a heat cycle or two.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My pipes are steel (inox) and are very blue. This is typically a result of a lean running condition, caused when the VERY hot gasses pummel that section of pipe as they are forced into a new direction of travel. Yes, titanium will do the same thing, but on this bike I take it as evidence of a problem...not as something pretty.

Once I get it remapped I'll be putting some effort into polishing that tuff off so I can make sure it doesn't come back.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
giomanach is correct that an overly lean mixture will cause heat and blueing of headers.
On the other hand, an overly rich mixture will shoot flames into the header causing heat and blueing.
Here are some pictures of my Ti headers bluing (completely normal) and my origial inox headers that were correctly mapped from day one. Not as blue as some I have seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look at the tire photo again - Did anyone notice that BRUTALE is written in red on the inside facing edge on the Brembo calipers? That's cool - almost make you want to flip them so it is facing outward so you could see it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
airfuel said:
giomanach is correct that an overly lean mixture will cause heat and blueing of headers.
On the other hand, an overly rich mixture will shoot flames into the header causing heat and blueing.
Here are some pictures of my Ti headers bluing (completely normal) and my origial inox headers that were correctly mapped from day one. Not as blue as some I have seen.
Somebody has been on the track....... :f4: :smoking:

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
airfuel said:
Whow!!!!
My also will be so blue!!!!
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not my bike, and now i dont remember who own it! Beautiful!!
If i where to mill a triple clamp or rearset guard in titanium, could i heat it to get this color?..anyone know this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts