MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was parked on the lower level of Barber Motorsports Paddock behind the turn for the big straight and a big Ford truck with a huge trailer pulled in next door. They started unpacking and pulled out a race prepped 749S and a race prepped F4 1000. Chatted with the owner Erv for a while and he was one HELL of a nice guy.

I have to say I have never seen a race prepped F4 before in the flesh and it kind of made the hair on the back of my neck stand up a bit. Erv's F4 was pretty well decked out with a Mamba 1098 kit and arrow thunder can's on it. It sounded amazing.

There was a Brutale 910 riding with me in Novice as well and another gentleman came by to admire my Diamante who was also an MV owner.

If I'm honest I never saw the F4 as a really good track machine until recently when I took mine to the track. After seeing Erv's bike in the flesh and dealing with so many setup issues with my FZR400 I'm sort of thinking of perhaps keeping an eye out for an F4 or F3 and using it as a track bike.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
That's Ducati Erv. If you need Ducati parts, he's the man to see.

He's pretty quick, from what I've heard.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's Ducati Erv. If you need Ducati parts, he's the man to see.

He's pretty quick, from what I've heard.
SUPER nice guy.

Never got a chance to see him ride. When he was leaving I knew my group was next out on track. So much to do. So little time.

He even has a never started Oro. We joked that I would never be able to resist the temptation to start it at least once. :)

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One other detail I neglected to mention. On one side was Ducati Erv with his bikes. On the other side were three gentlemen speaking Italian with a few Ducati's. I have been talking to one of them and discovered later that he was born in Varese. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts