MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday ride on my 2009 1078rr and the engine just cut off. I immediately hit the start button and not a sound. Finally came to a stop and hit start again... not a peep.

-After trouble shooting everything and being rescued by my good buddies at 'Ton UP Jacksonville' we discovered a blown 5 amp fuse at F1 "position light".
-Replaced the fuse.. started right up ran like a charm until I hit the throttle and engine cut off.. same problem. Nothing from the starter.
-left the bike at this point but later found out that a different fuse blew... not sure which one at this point.

I have researched multiple threads but nothing sounds specific to my problem.
My guess is a wire shorting somewhere.

The battery has never been removed so no chance of improper connections. I don't think it is the kill switch because it did start once the fuse was replaced and same trouble-shoot on the kickstand switch.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance to your ideas!! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Greasy - sounds like you have a reasonable chance of a 'short' causing the repeat fuse blow. The Service Power Unit is obviously protected by these fuses and you definitely don't want them hitting that board!

You could do some preliminary wire tracing or head to the auto-electrician.

Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still blowing fuses after a long unsuccessful stay at a not so local dealer. Is anyone experiencing the same thing. I continue to blow the 5amp fuse in position 1 "position light/indicator".

PLEASE HELP !!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sounds to me like the "position light" is actually the throttle position sensor. " started right up ran like a charm until I hit the throttle and engine cut off.. same problem"

I would put $ on the throttle position sensor.

Check the plug where it enters your wiring loom for anything out of the ordinary then perhaps check the sensor with a ohm meter for correct readings. Maybe even just check it to make sure it is secured correctly to the bike.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts