MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. Fortunately my wife has relented in her quest to get me to sell the Italian girlfriend. :) I rode to work at 1C the other day and noticed a kind of rattle/chatter around 6500 so I didn't rev it high as I thought it might be due to cold oil (but the engine was well warmed up). Today I rode the 17 miles to work at -3C with the oil cooler blocked by a piece of cardboard and didn't hear any rattle/chatter at higher rpms. The engine coolant was constant at ~20C. Anyone else noticed a rattle at higher rpm when it's really cold out? I doubt the oil cooler has a thermostat in case it stuck closed. As a side note, I really need to buy some cold weather overpants as cargo pants over my jeans doesn't help much. Recommendations for good brands? Thanks!

Note: Switched helmets that day. The other helmet sounds different! That was a relief. Thanks for the notes about cold weather gear.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi all. Fortunately my wife has relented in her quest to get me to sell the Italian girlfriend. :) I rode to work at 1C the other day and noticed a kind of rattle/chatter around 6500 so I didn't rev it high as I thought it might be due to cold oil (but the engine was well warmed up). Today I rode the 17 miles to work at -3C with the oil cooler blocked by a piece of cardboard and didn't hear any rattle/chatter at higher rpms. The engine coolant was constant at ~20C. Anyone else noticed a rattle at higher rpm when it's really cold out? I doubt the oil cooler has a thermostat in case it stuck closed. As a side note, I really need to buy some cold weather overpants as cargo pants over my jeans doesn't help much. Recommendations for good brands? Thanks!
I wear Cragghoppers Snow pants under my leathers when it's cold. They are light weight and not bulky and they keep u warm when it's seriously cold..not ridiculously expensive either.. They do mail order..google it : )

joe

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nope, never had any problems in cold weather...

Cheers

·
Registered
825 Posts
What's cold weather? Three types here: - Hot, Hotter, Fucking hot!!

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,470 Posts
I have an Aerostich Suit and the AD-1 overpants. Conditions determine which I choose.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Solution for cold weather.....

Move to a warmer climate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts