MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the rear turn signals taken off as i have the integrated brake light turn signals. I turned the bike on, and all the blinkers were going off emergency style. even after the bike was turned off it continued. I didn't have time to fool with it before work, so i just rode another bike and put the Brut on the tender. a blown fuse or bad connection somewhere?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am not much of an eletrician or a speller! but when i replaced a broken rizoma turn signal on my Speed triple the "new" rizoma light came with a little black box-with resistors or something in there . anyhow different bulbs require diff. amps or voltage. they regulate the speed at which they blink. i prefer fast myself.
have you ever seen a rizoma turn signal? they are very nice. the only L.e.d. or integrated stuff i've seen didnt look very good to me, it looked cheap and fragile. I'm sure you probably have a nice set up. got any pics? anyhow, i'll get back to ya with somebody to call.
checkout those rizomas!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had the rear turn signals taken off as i have the integrated brake light turn signals. I turned the bike on, and all the blinkers were going off emergency style. even after the bike was turned off it continued. I didn't have time to fool with it before work, so i just rode another bike and put the Brut on the tender. a blown fuse or bad connection somewhere?
i have 2 words for you: "you're screwed". sad but true. the little "power service unit" is a fragile little thing. you have to tip-toe around it and breath lightly when working on electrical bits.

the addition of LED turn signals blew up my box (so the dealer says). so i built an isolation box that uses dc relays and low-inductance resistors to emulate the loading conditions of the original bulbs. so far so good. poor design by saab though.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 2 words for you: "you're screwed". sad but true. the little "power service unit" is a fragile little thing. you have to tip-toe around it and breath lightly when working on electrical bits.

the addition of LED turn signals blew up my box (so the dealer says). so i built an isolation box that uses dc relays and low-inductance resistors to emulate the loading conditions of the original bulbs. so far so good. poor design by saab though.
I had my local shop install it while other work was done, so I'm not familiar w/the power service unit. How much is that part?

thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had my local shop install it while other work was done, so I'm not familiar w/the power service unit. How much is that part?

thanks
maybe you can get the local shop that did the work to replace the PSU then. don't be surprised if the PSU blows up again though. my dealer told me that they would not warranty the bike any more if i kept my LED blinkers on. LOL.

the cost of the PSU depends what country you live in. i think in the USA it's $400 or so, but i've heard of people paying up to $700 for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts