MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there an after market LED type blinker to replace the stock blinker? I am pretty good with electronics, so to build one myself is not a drama. But if there is one that I can purchase off the shelf, it makes life easier.

The first mod I want to do is to mount the blinkers next to the rear brake lights and tidy up the number plate holder.

I've got some scrap 316 stainless steel that I will make to hold the number plate.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I installed the Clear Alternatives Tail light kit from Pirate's Lair. Its a clear lens, LED system that has red LEDs for tail lights that get brighter when you hit the brake, and also has yellow LEDs for blinkers, all within the same unit. A bit smoother than the hyperlights kit, imho. Here are some pics, and a writeup. Note that in the second picture, the tail lights are on, but the left light is blinking yellow. LEDs are hard to get clean pictures of.

http://ryanandali.com/blog/?p=40

·
Registered
673 Posts
Those are the exact ones I posted the write up for. They are made by Clear Alternatives. The fit is good, and the flasher relay is supplied with the kit. It's all in how you install it. You can make it look factory, or you can leave a spaghetti mess of wires under your seat.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a little concern that other drivers might not be able to see the blinkers as its quite close to the centre of the bike and brake lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts