MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve bled my front brake a few times with pumping the lever and using a mighty vac but it still feels like it could be better.

I ve ridden another f4 and come to realize that thats the way these bikes are(pull the lever in more than other bikes) but does anyone have any tricks to improve the brake feel?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just bled my front brakes and the lever feel was improved greatly. Still not perfect, but 80% better than it was from the factory with a lot less squishiness.

Per the service manual in order to get all the air out of the system you should take the front right clip on off in order to rotate the reservoir in a few angles to help the bubbles that may be in the upper part of the system rise to the top.

I personally did not do this as I used a vacuum device to draw the fluid slowly out of the system. I probably drew through and purged at least 300ml in order to get the brakes feeling good.

I refilled with Motul RBF600 Racing DOT4.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a vac as well but it still feels like a little air in the system. I might try removing it as I know for the rear you have to.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ve bled my front brake a few times with pumping the lever and using a mighty vac but it still feels like it could be better.

I ve ridden another f4 and come to realize that thats the way these bikes are(pull the lever in more than other bikes) but does anyone have any tricks to improve the brake feel?
The manual says to remove the master cylinder and tilt to remove trapped air in the reservoir my solution was to fit one of these see pic.

It is a M10 x 1.25 Banjo and bleed nipple available of eBay about £5.00 UK fit in place of the banjo bolt at the master cylinder bleed brakes as normal at the calipers place cloth under bleed nipple at master attach bleed hose and bleed master no more air .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Which's F4? Early 06 or 07-up?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Early 05 - 09 F4

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
check your brembo banjo bolt on both callipers ,if the hole is only about half a mm change them ,get banjo bolts with bigger holes . also what brand is your master cylinder ,is it Nissin ,post a pick of it ,you can actually drill out the master cylinder return hole a fraction ,if you take the reservoir off ,you will see 2 holes ,one is about 3mm the other looks like it has not been drilled all the way ,I actually drilled it out to the same size and this made quiet a big difference in bite , but i would only drill it out to 1mm or 1.5 mm as this hole is the return hole do at your own risk, anyway the best solution i found is change the master cylinder entirely to a 19 18 brembo radial master cylinder best mod ever.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
156 Posts
check your brembo banjo bolt on both callipers ,if the hole is only about half a mm change them ,get banjo bolts with bigger holes . also what brand is your master cylinder ,is it Nissin ,post a pick of it ,you can actually drill out the master cylinder return hole a fraction ,if you take the reservoir off ,you will see 2 holes ,one is about 3mm the other looks like it has not been drilled all the way ,I actually drilled it out to the same size and this made quiet a big difference in bite , but i would only drill it out to 1mm or 1.5 mm as this hole is the return hole do at your own risk, anyway the best solution i found is change the master cylinder entirely to a 19 18 brembo radial master cylinder best mod ever.

cheers eddy
Today I bought a Brembo rcs 19 master and rcs 16 clutch master for the MV at a bargain £150. and the originals can go into storage with all my original MV stuff.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How are you sorting the resovoirs? And where was this deal?!
They are a used set from my mates 998rs as he no longer has it and put the standard cylinders back on when he sold it .

I have a Rizoma ally cylinder for the brake but nothing for the clutch yet , it is not a straightforward fix as the hoses will need to be change to 90degree angle connectors so it can clear the air intake ducts and the master cylinder / clip on need a slight mod to fit.

When I do it I will post pics and write up as it may help someone else in the future0:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ok brake side done and easier than expected and no issues with clearance to clocks and feel much improved yet to try on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
They are a bargain and it is a 19 stamped on body but not the RCS type with adjustable ratio , I had a run out this morning and the brakes are brilliant now not radila caliper brilliant but feel and power at the lever is a marked improvement I am very pleased with the results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts