MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried refinishing the rough black plastic panels or fender? Did it turn out well or is replacement a better option?

If someone's found a trick for making them easier to keep clean, I'm all ears, the pain of cleaning them is half the reason I want to refinish.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just painted the black front fender on 2013 F4RR in same matt pearl white - worked just great.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The cheap black plastic shit has always been a PIA to clean for me. Replacing all of it with CF is the first thing on my list.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Black plastic is easy to clean with a wet rag and water. No special attention required. Paint requires care. If you are using a cleaner with an oily substrate it will leave a residue which attracts dirt and dust.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took all the panels off and washed them completely, but they always seem to retain dirt somewhere on them. Maybe I should give them a good spray with Teflon :)

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
This might sound strange but Mr Sheen with a soft cloth after washing with water works well.:)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Pledge for furniture will work well with making them easy to clean. It will require re-application every other wash or so.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any reasoning on not finishing the ignition surround? The parts turned out well for you, I'll have to look into it, see what the shops want for clearcoating. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts