MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm currently looking for an outdoor cover for my Monster, which I ride as a daily bike. My Oxford Rainex cover lasted 3 years of daily use and finally the silver bit has torn. :(

Being happy with the Oxford rain I thought I'd go for a Stormex as it has no silver material on it and is totally rubberised.

Being a shrewd person who has just bought a "new" car, an F3 and is in the process of buying a flat (apartment for you US guys) I thought I'd look on eBay.

A 2nd hand one popped up and whilst watching it, it has now gone up to almost £20 over the price of a new one??

Why would someone pay over the odds for a second hand item when a new one could be purchased for 40% less??

Weird.

Just my thoughts for the day.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Ahh you have to love eBay, I've sold stuff on there that you can buy new for less? :laughing:
People obviously don't do their research and just get carried away with the excitement of it all.

On a side note, do those rubberised covers crack if you fold them up? Not got one but do have a canvas cover with rubberised backing that I use in the car for the dog, it was quite expensive and it's only lasted a year. The rubber has cracked and peeled off from where I fold it up and put it in the boot, will roll it up instead when I get a new one?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far my Rainex cover has been fine, but it has sat outside on a bike for most of the 3 years and therefore spread out. Maybe the heat + folding could crack them??

It's just the silver bits that have perished and torn.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I've got an oxford one which is black with a fleece type lining and it has clip straps which hold it together under the bike and also had holes for chains.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I was looking for some parts for my 748 on eBay and nearly bought some, before I found out the buy it now price was almost double a dealer's price!

Si

1 - 5 of 5 Posts