MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

The good folks over at Bellisimoto are giving me a great deal on the Bibuto damper/fork carts/rear shock. Anyone running these? Would appreciated feedback before I pull the trigger. Many thanks.:drummer:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I did it so will report in on my findings. Anyone in San Diego willing to lend a hand with the install please hit me up; Randy says it's easy breezy.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have the Bitubo carts and shock on one of my F3's. I can honestly say that in 30+ years of riding that these are the best suspension bits I have ever had. I have tried a ton of aftermarket suspension kit from Ohlins, Traxxion, Penske, and many others and none have made me as happy as the Bitubo kit. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for sharing!!!! I have been wringing my hands worried if I wasted money not going with a US brand. Really good to hear such positive feedback. I jumped on them when a buddy of mine told me he met Jeremy Toye of Lee Cycles/AMA/Isles of Man on top of Palamore Mountain and Jeremy points at the Bitubo shock on his bmw and tells my buddy amazin". Plus Rand/Lyle are good people.

I've read on many forums that Ohlins makes has a very good product, but it's a tuner's fork where as some of the other offerings are more geared towards the normal track day guys and racers. I'm hoping the Bitubos are more accessible to the average rider where you don't have to rely on a guru who practices the black arts of suspension tuning.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ohlins makes a great product no doubt but I have found that they require more frequent maintenance intervals than other brands. One of the other great things about the Bitubo carts is how easy they are to adjust. The adjusters on the top of the forks are brilliant. Going from track days to street riding is amazingly easy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bitubo

YOu Betcha. It'll be two weeks before it arrives. Randy says installation is easy. Pershaps the rear but the forks? If anyone is available to lend a hand I'm San Diego I'll provide beer/food/snack and first ride?

Would love to see photos once you've installed everything redphu72... :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey redphu72,

Where in SD are you? Depending on date/time, I might be able to help. Hit me up on PM if you'd like to coordinate.

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Patrick,

That would be fantastic as I'd like to learn how to do the more complicated stuff on my . in NOrmal heights. I'd be more than happy to drive it to your place or whatever.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Christmas in June, parts are on the delivery truck along with my new alpinestar race suit; new bike new gear yeah? Anyone have links or info on fork cart installation?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the rear shock mounted. Relatively easy however had to locate a longer bottom bolt and locking nut; OEM bolt was too short and I ended up stripping the nut.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
New Parts

Coming along. Got the Bitubo parts: Damper, Forks and Shock. Installed the rear shock and decided to check length; I had to remove it and lengthen it by a few mm. Pretty straight forward except you need a longer bolt for the bottom linkage because the built in washers added overall thickness. Luckily I had a bolt and locking nut from my yamaha laying around.

Forks are like the Ohlins Compression on the Right/Rebound on the Left. Nice looking stuff but Ohlins is mo blink I think. We'll see how it performs/feels. Lyle from Bellisimotto said it takes him an hr to do both forks, however I decided to have MotoForza do the front install; hell why not Ballz the owner is building an F3 for the track as well.

Bitubo steering damper looks good but can't judge by looks alone will post notes on fitment.

Fairings and tank are drying. I'm gonna take a few pieces back for a final polish then install.

Currently waiting on Hindle exhaust, Race Filter, and Rizoma gas cap to arrive.

Hardest part will be dialing everything in and riding it for all it's worth.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hey, thanks for the pics man, that shit looks great.....makes me wish I had a F3..........enjoy.
Cluzel seems to be doing okay on the Bitubo gear in World Supersport Racing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Donsy,

No problem at all. It's some pretty fine upgrades for sure in the looks department. I'm hoping it is easy to get it working right with the help of Ballz from Moto Forza.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Back in the day I had a Hindle pipe on my GSXR, best sounding performing exhaust I ever bought.

Interested to see how these cartridges work out, my B4 could use a set.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts