MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I need to get a socket to remove the rear wheel, there's loads on ebay so what's best?
I need to order a pin for my paddock stand, is it 42mm?
Rear shock-I'll be using my bike on track, how does the standard unit cope? I've had Maxton shocks on several of my track bikes and they worked brilliantly, have been quoted about £750 for a Maxton unit but is there anything else out there for less money that works well? Thanks in advance.
Track fairings and tank cover have been ordered, I will post a review when they get here.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Hi,

Where are you based? We have just built two race bikes ourselves.

Rear stand is 42mm pin yes. Rear wheel nut told is MV design, you can get them on eBay or from some of the guys that support this site, such as Al at Design Corse.

In terms of rear shock, we are running K-tech DDS kits front and rear. We've used them for the past few years on our championship winning stuff, so it made sense to use them again. Totally top kit and used by lots of top teams. Although your looking at around £1200 for the rear shock. I know Nitron have just brought out a rear shock for the F3 if it's a budget your on they are very good. Also wasn't aware that Maxton had produced a shock for them.

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm based in the northeast, looking forward to a blast round cadwell for the first track outing once the weather warms. £1200 is a bit much for me, ohlins ttx is about the same figure maybe. Maxton did the shocks for Valmoto (I think) for last year's TT and I like their stuff, probably around the same cost as Nitron? Their quote was £710+vat for a GP10 shock sprung & valved for my weight.
What other bits n bobs are you using on your bikes? Any tips from what you have learned? ta.

·
Banned
55 Posts
I'm based in the northeast, looking forward to a blast round cadwell for the first track outing once the weather warms. £1200 is a bit much for me, ohlins ttx is about the same figure maybe. Maxton did the shocks for Valmoto (I think) for last year's TT and I like their stuff, probably around the same cost as Nitron? Their quote was £710+vat for a GP10 shock sprung & valved for my weight.
What other bits n bobs are you using on your bikes? Any tips from what you have learned? ta.
Hi,

Jack at Valmoto used K-tech stuff. We are working with them on a few bits and development of our bikes. We started building our bikes at the end of last season and at that time there was the choice of Ohlins or K-Tech, which is the same choice we have had for the past two years and it was a easy decision to use the british made K-Tech kit. Maxton must have brought one out since then.

We're running stock motors at the moment, but will be developing a engine spec during the year with some kit parts and some of our own ideas.

The biggest issue that we have came across so far is the stock electronics, which aren't great. We've managed to get around most of the problems we have had with help from the factory and also some people on here. We currently run with Bazzaz fuel control, but we're looking at replacing the lot with a full MOTEC system to make life a bit easier for us (again as Valmoto used).

We've done a lot of chassis work so far, along with sorting fuelling, air filters, slipper clutchs, quickshifts etc to built to a decent base spec. We've seen decent power figures on the Dyno, and which outweighs our 2013 Kawasaki's so it's quite a good base.

What bodywork are you using? We've had a few different sets and some have been a bit iffy.

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. All interesting stuff there. I'll not be racing, those days are over for me, so just want a nicely setup bike for the odd track outing. Bodywork is coming from germany supplied by ricambweiss, I had been offered the Slovakian stuff that a team in Ireland has bought a few kits of but it was going to be more expensive. Feel free to pm me if you are ever moving bits & pieces on. Have messaged you re the standard screen you had up for sale
Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have a look at my nitron shock under suspension I had it fitted about 6 months ago

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tpo parts on Amazon is where I got mine. The axle socket is high quality. We bought two and tested one to break it. 470lb/ft later it gave way. It was only around 65$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.