MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first of all, i love mv f4s and finally have found a deal for a white 312r. However, it is a single seat and I always travel 2up. (missus would veto the bike if it was single).

Question is how much and what do i need to do the conversion. I know the dealers will probably charge me a leg and an arm to do this so any suggestions? Im based in the UK and kinda neeed to know how much this would cost. This would pretty much be the deciding factor whether I can finally become the owner of my dream bike.

cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are plenty of 312r for sale at dealers in the uk at the moment - can u you not just get a deal on a bip elsewhere? May be cheaper than messing around with a conversion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, this is a private px transaction.

Therefore wondering if its better to get some parts of ebay or brokers to change it to 1+1 or sell my bike and then buy new.

But then, will probably have to save up longer to afford one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Getting all the bits needed for a conversion will probably cost at leat £400-500 - and it may take a while to get the right bits. Try your part ex at other dealers - im sure they would be keen to shift the remaining 312r s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, looking at it and it does seem a lot of work.

But it also seems that I might be able to source these parts for around 500 gbp?

This would still be cheaper than going px with dealer.

Unfortunately for me, is if I can't get this mv and convert it, then I won't be getting a mv right now:(

And trust me, I've been looking for a mv f4 for a long long time.

Dealers right now cheapest 11999 and considering a generous px, I will still have to fork out over 6k. RIght now, the deal is I add 4.

hmm:(

I think i need the following.

rear frame.
rear seat cowl for 1+1
undertray
pegs
heat shield.

Anything else?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the cult !

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had a look at it closely as I was about to buy a mono when a 1+1 come onto the market and I bought it instead. There were no 1+1's around and like you, I had to get one else the deal was off.

IF you have to do the conversion in a hurray then it will cost more than buying the bits second hand. I priced it at about £400-500 and that was with eBay and a lot of waiting around for all the necessary bits.

The trick would be someone who has a 1+1 and would like to convert it to a single seat locally to you. You could sweaten the deal by offering £100-200 maybe? This would be the place to ask!

As luck would have it, my wife took one look at the 1+1 seating arrangements and said "are you fucking nuts??" and will never hop on, so it was a purely political requirement.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
As luck would have it, my wife took one look and said "are you fucking nuts??" and will never hop on......
Having performance problems, eh Yo Yo? :stickpoke I've heard that little blue pill might help.....:)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Having performance problems, eh Yo Yo? :stickpoke I've heard that little blue pill might help.....:)
No need for the little blue pill, us F4 riders enough lead in our pencils to knock the bark off trees (mixing two metaphors but sticking to the WOOD theme).

You should be very careful when you take them; they tend to have a high incidence of making the ticker stop with old timers like you. You seem to have plenty to live for, and I see there is a waiting list for your daughter. :stickpoke

·
Registered
184 Posts
I originally had a 1+1, I found somebody with a Monoposto whom wanted a 1+1.. we did an even trade for seats, passenger pegs and subframe.. Cheap and easy way around the issue=

Coleman.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll buy your mono seat unit off you, if you want to sell it as I'd like both options especially if its the right colour already

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the biposto model do you get a plastic cover to make it look like a mono like you do with most other bikes ??

I am still considering what to do regarding swapping my RC8 for a 312R, I was just concerned what the resale price will be like on the 312 when they bring out the new model. Are MV'S 'hard' to sell on as you never see many about.

You UK guys, when you hae been ringing around UK dealers, is there many new bikes for sale and are the dealers very eagr to sell you one to get rid of them ??

Weighing up my options ?

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
talked to 3x motorcycles a couple of weeks ago there selling more 2nd hand ones than any new ones they have a few on there site

my missus insited i got a bip post that was 2 1/2 years ago shes never been on it and don't wanna go

but her lose not mine i might find some young damsill in distress in leathers briken down and give her a ride

here i go again on my own (sounds like a song)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, looking at it and it does seem a lot of work.

But it also seems that I might be able to source these parts for around 500 gbp?

This would still be cheaper than going px with dealer.

Unfortunately for me, is if I can't get this mv and convert it, then I won't be getting a mv right now:(

And trust me, I've been looking for a mv f4 for a long long time.

Dealers right now cheapest 11999 and considering a generous px, I will still have to fork out over 6k. RIght now, the deal is I add 4.

hmm:(

I think i need the following.

rear frame.
rear seat cowl for 1+1
undertray
pegs
heat shield.

Anything else?

You need:

New sub frame
New fairing with passenger seat
New footrests for passenger.

I got it all for 2006 F41000 in Red, was going to sell it to another forum member, but we never closed the deal.

Its pain to get a hold of, and i payed around 800£ brand new for it from the UK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts