MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just browsing through ebay and saw this..........how nice is it :mouthwatehttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BIMOTA-VDUE-500cc-TWO-STROKE-NEW-BIKE-RARE-CARBY-MODEL-GP-TRACK-BIKE-/321569622549?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item4adf0b0a15
Anyone seen one of these before.

·
Registered
895 Posts
A member on here, can't remember who, picked up one of these last year, hopefully they will see your post and give some feedback. I'm not sure why this one would be 'track only', they were homologated here. A lot of money for a track only bike IMO, very rare though.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
They were one of 'the' bikes of their day. It was the first Bimota with a Bimota engine (all the other bikes had Ducati, Yamaha, Honda etc engines) and nearly (I think actually did) sent the company broke. Bimota issued a recall where they offered to buy the bike back. Apparently an awesome bike when running properly but there were major problems with the fuel injection. There were some attempts to convert the bikes to carburettors in the hope of making the bike reliable/rideable but I think this was done by others rather than the factory. Heard various stories as to the success of the carbie conversion. there are still some bikes around with no or low mileage in both carby and fuel injection versions. Stunning bike in the flesh and , as with most Bimotas, well manufactured and very light.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
u can see in one pic he has two of these. yikes
he also has some other rare bikes too
lucky bugger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts