Seeing Archille's post about SB8R prompts "what's on your bike wish list?"

I'll start:

Britten V1000
Bimota V-Due

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mr Rossi's Yamaha YZR -M1
I wish, seriously..... I will get an Ago this year, so then the most wished for is the Tamburini. And I want #300.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I wish list would go something like this,

Ducati 996
Ducati 999R with all of the trimmings for racing
Bimota SB8R
Kawasaki ZX-10R
Honda RC45
lastly a F4 Ago :cool:

If I was to retire abroad, I will certain bring the following bikes with me.

Ducati Monster S4Rs
KTM Duke (RC8-engined) :king:

As such, the Aprilia RS250 and the Aprilia Mille Factory will soon be on the auction block. The RS250 taugh me to carry good cornerspeed so it serves its purpose. The Mille Factory, I just didn't gel with from the start. I love its OEM look, though. :rolleyes:

I thought about the NR750 and though it is financially feasible, the upkeep is what going to get you. Replacement parts are non-existence. The Piega Mondial is not bad but it lacks classic lines. The Benelli Tre RS is interesting but not a good performer.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Mine is real easy...

F4 - SPR painted red and silver.
F4 - Senna 750
916 SPS {the original hotty}
998 R {the last decent hotty}
748 RS {track bike}

5 is enough :naughty:
I like your style. All of the older gen Ducati's and I think by now everyone knows I love the SPR a lot.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Mine is real easy...

F4 - SPR painted red and silver. (Pete, it's called F4 750 SR)
F4 - Senna 750
916 SPS {the original hotty} (Ah, the 955cc)
998 R {the last decent hotty} (I agree with this one as you can slot in the lastest testastretta engine)
748 RS {track bike} (I am not sure about this one as the high maintenance wouldn't justify the extra performance over the regular 998. Eric Bana brought one back to Aus to race.)
5 is enough :naughty:
:toothless:.... :stickpoke

·
Registered
878 Posts
... well as long as we are all dreaming;

1-Veltro :king:
2-Senna 1000
3-Desmosedici
4-996 SPS
5-1994 916 with less than 1000 miles on it! Almost had it and lost the deal due to a friend playing the devil advocate! :argue: :cussing:
6-And the 2007 999R replacement (rumors has it there will be a totally new design, as Toyota and Duc will be teaming up to inprove the QC)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
F4 - SPR painted red and silver. (Pete, it's called F4 750 SR) {not quite..few bits missing on the SR}
F4 - Senna 750
916 SPS {the original hotty} (Ah, the 955cc)
998 R {the last decent hotty} (I agree with this one as you can slot in the lastest testastretta engine) Just how it comes from the factory would be fine
748 RS {track bike} (I am not sure about this one as the high maintenance wouldn't justify the extra performance over the regular 998. Yes it would , it would rev like a banshee...I like that..Eric Bana brought one back to Aus to race.) {he just uses it at trackdays...had a close look at that bike :naughty: }
5 is enough

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'll be happy if I can get the 1000 that I have on holding deposit but my road rideable collection would look something like...

MV Senna 750/1000
MV SPR
MV Veltro
MV AGO...Only because you can't have an MV collection without at least one Red/Silver in there.
MV Brutale 910R
Ducati 999R...and of course a Tambo.

Tons of others but they are at the top.

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
... well as long as we are all dreaming;

1-Veltro :king:
2-Senna 1000
3-Desmosedici
4-996 SPS
5-1994 916 with less than 1000 miles on it! Almost had it and lost the deal due to a friend playing the devil advocate! :argue: :cussing:
6-And the 2007 999R replacement (rumors has it there will be a totally new design, as Toyota and Duc will be teaming up to inprove the QC)
I can tell you for a fact ducati has a 1200 cc engine. It already exists. It may or may not go in the 999 we know.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Velocemoto said:
748 RS {track bike} (I am not sure about this one as the high maintenance wouldn't justify the extra performance over the regular 998. Yes it would , it would rev like a banshee...I like that..Eric Bana brought one back to Aus to race.) {he just uses it at trackdays...had a close look at that bike :naughty: }
5 is enough
You will be surprise at the costs and the time consumption for a 748RS upkeep.

• Valve check after every raceday or every other trackday
  • After every 2-3 races remove cams to inspect cams/rockers (Could be done with them in place but not recommended)
  • New pistons after every race season
  • Remove and measure Ti rods after every race season for stretch
  • Ti rods bolts good for only 4 torque cycles
  • Dis-assemble topend for Ti valve inspection and measurement after every race season

Unless you do much of these works yourself, you're looking at a pretty penny, or two. If you neglected these tasks and one of the components such Ti valve stem meltdown, piston wristpin letting go...the motor will pretty much be a total loss (This, I have firsthand experience). Compare a 998 to a 748RS, you can get away with murder so to speak. You're talking 10,200rpm of the 998 to 12,000rpm of the 748RS. My 999R revs to 11,500 with a Corse ECU but there is no power in the last 1,500rpm. It's good for holding a gear in certain corner. (BTW, I couldn't tell the handling difference between a 748 vs. 996/998 so I am not sure what the hoopla is all about.)

·
Registered
975 Posts
f4 750 oro
bimota db5
ducati 996 sps (ohlins version)
ducati 900 mhe with carbon fairing and titanium exhaust
honda nr 750
benelli 900 tornado limited
not bad , no?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
alkatraxx said:
f4 750 oro
bimota db5
ducati 996 sps (ohlins version)
ducati 900 mhe with carbon fairing and titanium exhaust
honda nr 750
benelli 900 tornado limited
not bad , no?
I guess if you had the opportunity, shoot for all the limited ones!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
You will be surprise at the costs and the time consumption for a 748RS upkeep.
I probably would be, but who give's a sh*t !! it's dreamtime....throw in a full-time Ducati mechanic ... :laughing:

Compare a 998 to a 748RS, you can get away with murder so to speak
Again...who gives a sh*t...a stock 748 was my first ever big sportsbike and the whole "748" set of numbers has such a soft spot with me...the 748RS is the ultimate expression of that....logic goes out the window when compiling my gream garage :naughty:

My 999R revs to 11,500 with a Corse ECU but there is no power in the last 1,500rpm
Can rev to 18,000rpm for all I care...there's no way any 999 would make it into my garage, not matter how good the bike is.

See, I knew you'd fire up a nice little debate Archille. :conveyer:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts