MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2002 F4 750 1+1 a few weeks ago and paid $12,400 for it. It only had 774 miles on it, had undergone the first service, included the cover and rear stand, included a brand new mono tail unit (in addition to the 1+1) and is in mint condition - not a single flaw. Anyway, I'm sort of an ebay junkie and over the past few weeks I've been watching some of the F4 auctions and to my surprise they're not selling or not meeting low reserve prices...

Examples:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-MV-AGUSTA-F4-750_W0QQitemZ130058417619QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-MV-Agusta-F4S_W0QQitemZ270066493932QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I almost hate to ask but my question is - did I pay too much? Is it just the time of year? I honestly only planned on keeping it until I could find a 1000 maybe sometime next spring or summer.

I'm hoping that you will all take me in your arms and tell me I got it for a song and that you wish you had gotten such a great deal but I suppose I would prefer the truth...as painful as it might be...and I know that this forum will deliver.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just sold my 2002 F4 1+1 with 2500+ miles and got pretty close to your price and I threw in a cover and pitbull rear stand. So NO you did not pay to much. $12,000 - $13,000 is in the ball park for a well taken care of MV with low miles and you got one for real low miles.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think the Ducati 1098 has a lot to do with it. It's all the buzz right now eating up potential MV buyers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
dumbcomputers said:
I think the Ducati 1098 has a lot to do with it. It's all the buzz right now eating up potential MV buyers.
+1 The new Duck is helping the low prices.

·
Registered
803 Posts
or hurting prices, if you are selling:(

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah dido to that. Plus to be honest the 750 is not the most desirable F4. Like you said yourself, many will choose to hold out for a 1000.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I'm in the same boat in terms of looking to purchase an MV for myself. The 750 to be honest is not the most desirable, albeit beautiful. I would love a 750, but with the 1000 lingering out there (and now that splendid R), it is a tough choice for new buyers. For my own personal interest, i love the SPR, and is honestly the only 750 I will buy for myself as of now!

This will be an interesting choice come spring!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Don't listen to the 750 haters! They are all jealous that we own the original F4s with true soul, while they have poser manhood-compensating japanese-wannabe literbikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been watching UK EBay prices and things are really slow over here. However it's really not riding season now until around March time so prices are always really deflated.

I've been known to buy a bike in January, ride it through the winter & then sell it in Spring for more than I paid for it!

·
Registered
367 Posts
psperl said:
Don't listen to the 750 haters! They are all jealous that we own the original F4s with true soul, while they have poser manhood-compensating japanese-wannabe literbikes.
Don't listen to the 1000 haters! :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i think all the points made here have something to do with it. time of year/new models/and the ducati. and again, with the 750/1000 looking exactly the same few people are going to want a 750 if they can afford the 1000. unless it's a special model (oro/senna/SPR). but who cares about selling? if i was really in the market for a 1000, i believe i'd keep my 750 just for track purposes...not to mention sentiment. besides, it's priceless having people assume it's a 1000 and having their eyes pop out when i say it's a lowly 750 they couldn't keep up with on their R1 ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Morning freinds,

I dont understand the 750 haters, the bike is simply tremendous and a 750 ridden in a competent manor will always make up for the missing 250cc's. I know you guys are all gonna make fun of me now but several times I've been destroyed by some real talented fella's on 600's...And I've got an 05 1000!

Trade up from the 750 to the 1000? I'm not buyin it!...If you really want to up-grade get some trackday instruction instead!

So there you have it, I suppose this makes me a 1000 hateing 1000 owner..Ha ha he

Between the hedges,

FBD

P.S. Hows the leg, Style-One?

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
brian0473 said:
I just bought my 2002 F4 750 1+1 a few weeks ago and paid $12,400 for it. It only had 774 miles on it, had undergone the first service, included the cover and rear stand, included a brand new mono tail unit (in addition to the 1+1) and is in mint condition - not a single flaw. Anyway, I'm sort of an ebay junkie and over the past few weeks I've been watching some of the F4 auctions and to my surprise they're not selling or not meeting low reserve prices...

Examples:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-MV-AGUSTA-F4-750_W0QQitemZ130058417619QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-MV-Agusta-F4S_W0QQitemZ270066493932QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I almost hate to ask but my question is - did I pay too much? Is it just the time of year? I honestly only planned on keeping it until I could find a 1000 maybe sometime next spring or summer.

I'm hoping that you will all take me in your arms and tell me I got it for a song and that you wish you had gotten such a great deal but I suppose I would prefer the truth...as painful as it might be...and I know that this forum will deliver.
I dont know in USA,but here in Italy there are very "clever" sales on E-BAY.....
I dont know if you are understood..... :later:
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
firebreathingdog said:
Morning freinds,

I dont understand the 750 haters, the bike is simply tremendous and a 750 ridden in a competent manor will always make up for the missing 250cc's. I know you guys are all gonna make fun of me now but several times I've been destroyed by some real talented fella's on 600's...And I've got an 05 1000!

Trade up from the 750 to the 1000? I'm not buyin it!...If you really want to up-grade get some trackday instruction instead!

So there you have it, I suppose this makes me a 1000 hateing 1000 owner..Ha ha he

Between the hedges,

FBD

P.S. Hows the leg, Style-One?
my ankle is not 100% but it's fine. fine enough for me to stand and take a wizz, and fine enough for me to ride the MV. :laughing: as for the rest of yoru statement, i agree. i haven't been handed my shorts by any 600's yet, but i'm sure when i hit the track, that will change. still, plenty of times i am thrilled about the acceleration of my 750. and i love letting it scream in the revs, changing the gears, etc. it's why i switched to an i-4 from my daytona. who knows...maybe one day, something may make me want to buy a 1000. but for now being able to do 180 is fast enough. i expect to be walked down in a strait that's long enough, but then it gives me something to look forward to when that next corner comes up. :smoking:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Its december, you can always buy motorcycles, boats, and convertibles, for less money in the winter.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the responses - I knew I could count on this group. I didn't mean to start a 750 vs. 1000 war though. Personally I don't have the skills to squeeze out even 80-90% of what my 750 is capable of so I don't have a good reason want a 1000 except that...um...it's a 1000.

Either way I feel like my money was well spent.

Thanks again guys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts