MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is coming and my bike will sleep in a new garage which isn't heated as my previous one was sow there will be some degree of humidity.
Now I've found this product and I think it's quite interesting: https://www.carcoon.com/.
What are your thoughts about it or what is your experience with it?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hahaha, a client of mine keeps his so-called valuable Holden's in them, seem to work well, although they're still just Holden's.
If you have the room to do it, I can't see any harm in it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can see how it may keep your bike from getting dusty (pumping in filtered air), but there's nothing to keep humidity at bay. It would have to have a desiccant to pick up moisture or a DX refrigeration system with reheat to create a dry environment inside the bubble. Constantly pumping in more air would just make the dehumidification system work harder if it actually had one (which it doesn't). Activated carbon filters will remove odors, lighter gasses - but not much else (maybe gas odors). It would take alumina impregnated permanganate filters to take sulfur dioxide and other heavier gasses out. If you live near the sea you'll just be pumping in salty moist air. They describe it as a small "clean room". Anybody who knows what a clean room is (I do) would chuckle at that (nothing said about HEPA filters...). Take it for what it is: a low pressure balloon pumped up with the same air in your shop, garage, carport, storage facility, boat house or wherever you keep your bike, filtered through activated carbon filters (nothing more). Without a sealed environment whatever moisture is present in your general environment will also be in your bubble. You could throw a desiccant pack inside it, but you would need to reactivity it continuously (usually done by heating it to drive out moisture). As we say in the States, that's my (long-winded) two bits worth.....

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must say I really like that vacuum idea! I think I've read something about it several years ago on this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts