MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike died on the road , No electricity on the on position ,but when I turned the key all the way to the left on the lock position the two small lights on in the front and the tail light goes on only, the guy who works on my bike told me to use contact spray but it did not work. He won't be able to work on it for four weeks and with the warm weather in NYC I'm dying to ride. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas for me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Knowing what you ride would be helpful

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
?

Joe;

there is an excellent trouble shooting guide in the service manual......available in the

sticky at the top of the page

:popcorn:

·
Registered
465 Posts
The SPU on those models has issues from time to time. Especially if it's not the updated part. Poke around the manual and the search engine for answers. There should be a million posts on SPU problems.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Bike died on the road , No electricity on the on position ,but when I turned the key all the way to the left on the lock position the two small lights on in the front and the tail light goes on only, the guy who works on my bike told me to use contact spray but it did not work. He won't be able to work on it for four weeks and with the warm weather in NYC I'm dying to ride. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas for me.
Once you got the manuals downloaded, go through you fuses, let us know what you find.:)

The SPU on those models has issues from time to time. Especially if it's not the updated part. Poke around the manual and the search engine for answers. There should be a million posts on SPU problems.
No SPU on the F4's mate :stickpoke

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked all the fuses and spray contact cleaner inside and them I look at the starter solenoid relay and it looked ok no burn marks and I replaced the 40amp fuse and found a printed manual for my bike. Still no joy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts