MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Me! I haven't missed one since 1994. I will arrive late Monday night, March 5 and leave on Saturday, March 10.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes, I'll be going. Haven't missed one since early 90's. I'll be at the track for the races on Sunday and will probable go down town for a drink and check out the venders on Saturday. Hope to see some other MV's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My 910R and I will be there. Getting to town on Wed evening. Will be getting by the Ducati Desmo Day set-up on Friday at some time.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Bike Week where ?????

Daytona??????

was there in 2004 and 2005, was actually staying at deland skydiving and drove through at nights, lot of bikes but mostly harleys

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah it is mostly Harleys............you can always avoid Harleys by going to the track. There are still some pretty good motorcycle events just going on around town with sportbikes and some pretty cool vintage stuff. Plus if it has been a cold winter it is a great time just to get out and ride a in what is hopefully much warmer weather.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bike Week Daytona!!!! Let's Meet!!!!

:flash: hi Guys!

I am going to bike week in Daytona- it will be my first time-
arriving the 2nd of March, leaving the AM of the 6th.

I will be staying at the The Shores Resort and Spa-

I would love to get together with you guys for a drink (or soda) and not all the Harley people. I am probably bringing the rebuilt 910.

Do we have a predetermined time and place where we meet?

Let me know how this all works!

Stacy

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've never been to bike week before, but from what buddies of mine tell me, a *LOT* of bikes get stolen down there each year. For those of you coming from the northeast, do you trailer your bikes down or ride down? Pretty cold and icy to ride down, though I am generally always up for a road trip (even on a sportbike).

I suppose an enclosed trailer might be the way to go for security - anyone have one with room for one more (who happen to live in the northeast?) :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
bikes get stolen?oh man,that sucks.it s always like this,when people get togheter to have a good time,there are always assholes who want to ruin the whole thing

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
hppsco said:
:flash: hi Guys!

I am going to bike week in Daytona- it will be my first time-
arriving the 2nd of March, leaving the AM of the 6th.

I will be staying at the The Shores Resort and Spa-

I would love to get together with you guys for a drink (or soda) and not all the Harley people. I am probably bringing the rebuilt 910.

Do we have a predetermined time and place where we meet?

Let me know how this all works!

Stacy
I thought you had to sell the 910 to pay for your kitchen? I'm glad you still have it.

CAG

·
Registered
129 Posts
I haven't closed on the house yet, and I haven't sold her yet, may not too.
I think I might be bringing her to Daytona, can't decide between the Brute, or the custom Aprilia for the 4 days.

I am leaving the morning of the 6th, so I can't meet on the 11th.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Ducati tent at the track is always a good place to meet.
1 - it is safe to leave the bike thier.
2 - Lots to do and look at while waiting for friends.
3 - The Ducati guys love the MV's at thier tent. Last year they insisted that i park my f4 in the display along with the Ducati's.
Cell phones work for me as well. I'll be thier with a friend on a F41000. Would be cool to ride with 4 or 5 other MV's. Hope to see some of you thier.
:friday:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
I'd love to go.... I guess I'll do so.... I have to get a trailer (enclosed), and I guess I won't have time to put any of my goodies on the bike as I haven't heard from E-moto about my parts I ordered 3 weeks ago..... (nervousness starting to set in) :ahhh: I guess rooms will be hard to find down there huh? I could only go during the 3/3-3/5 weekend. :mad:

·
Registered
129 Posts
who cares - i already bought a lock and chain lock - i think the bike stealing is probably not so rampant anymore - i heard they are stepping up the security :f4:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would think the bikes being stolen are Harleys...and sold off for parts.
It would not surprise me if some people did not know what an MV Agusta
is(yes I know its hard to fathom). If you are new to Daytona,the vintage
bike racing(ahrma) early in the week is great. Also the ride north of Daytona
thru the State Park is good. And yes wear you MV gear at the track
to show support to Luca,Matt & the Ferracci crew. I wish I had time
to go down this year/one of the guys on my staff is heading down &
has room in the trailer-Drat!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Let's Meet Sunday At The Track At 11:00 Am!!!!

HEY - OK!!!

Checkin' in from Daytona, the weather is ........well............ok..ok.... it's really bad. Ok, it's not just bad, it really sucks. Big ones.

It has been raining, no pouring all day. and 60 degrees. and windy. Anything else???? :jsm:

Allright, it's just water, right guys??? so I can't lie on the beach and get a nice suntan which is half the reason I came to Florida................ :wtf:

ANYWAY, a bunch of us are going to meet around the Aprilia tent Sunday at 11:00am for group photos, chow and riding plans!!!! :naughty:

Let's do it!!! If you are here, be there!!!!(if you can) :f4:

Stacy cell - 203-943-9769

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sunday Sunny Florida!!!!!

HEY GUYS!!

YAHOO!!!!

IT'S SUNNY TODAY - YIPPEE!!!

TIME TO GO RIDING AND OUT TO THE TRACK - HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!! :f4:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts