MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my brutale has been sitting at the dealer since July 9th waiting on clutch parts have heard from the service tech no current access to parts. So much for riding this summer. Once this bike comes back I really have to consider selling it, I really love it but this cant happen when you only have one bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think I saw your bike sitting in Trebour's service bay last weekend. I was picking up a new seat I had ordered through them, only took two weeks to get the part in from Italy. Not sure why your parts would be taking so long. What happened to the clutch?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
No good.......... don't give up brother. Have faith

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Goto a different dealer...
Not exactly a straightforward option if the bike's sat there with a broken clutch mate!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me was going to take it to feraci in willows grove pa they said the same thing no parts for the month of august. The problem I have with trebour is it sat the whole month of july before they tried ordering the parts. @ tokessv was it a flat black brutale with gold crg levers? If so that was my bike was it just sitting to the side or outside?

·
Registered
119 Posts
It was flat black and had the rad covers painted red like in your album. Dunno about the levers. I was there just as they opened, and the bike was sitting inside the garage behind a gate.

Why would they let the bike sit for a month before ordering parts? What were they waiting for? I don't get it..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trust me my friend I am asking the same question. I dropped the bike off on July 9 a Saturday it sat an entire week before they even looked at it. Then the service manager went on vacation and sat another week. Then they start to look at it the 3rd week realise they need parts and order on Aug 3 when parts are not avail. To say that I am somewhat angry would be an understatement. Considering that I have spent alot of $$ their before replacing my rear hub service intervals etc I would expect better.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Pathetic

I have to give you both some recognition for holding it together for so long - I would have lost it. I hope the parts arrive soon because the warranty clock continues ticking whether it's on the road or not.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Do this to the slack dealer :bandit:

HINT: Wear a balaclava!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
my bike was in the shop for 2 months and probably would of been longer but I started to call around to other MV shops and seen if they had the part they needed for my bike and sure enough my first call FBF had the 25.00 part. BUt when my bike came back from shop it was messed up, I'll start another thread for this one. But call around you never no.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's terrible can't even imagine that. What happened to it?
a problem with the cooling system....the thermostat was the major issue but they ordered three parts in I'm kind of flustered about the whole thing. Is there anything I can do asside from claiming lemon law in my state which is almost unthinkable but at this point i'm making payments on a bike i have only ridden 400 mi.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ordered an oil pressure sensor from Pro Italia almost 2 months ago. I'm majorly bummed MV has basically destroyed their distribution operation here in the US. I've been riding my bike since it's only a small oil leak, but I really feel for you guys having the bike "sleep" somewhere else entirely. I also hadn't realized that Italy had literally gone on vacation for August. Double :-(

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered an oil pressure sensor from Pro Italia almost 2 months ago. I'm majorly bummed MV has basically destroyed their distribution operation here in the US. I've been riding my bike since it's only a small oil leak, but I really feel for you guys having the bike "sleep" somewhere else entirely. I also hadn't realized that Italy had literally gone on vacation for August. Double :-(
It's really most of Europe that takes time off in August, damn good idea they have!

The Trebour dealer, and any other store with a customer who is in need of a part, has an obligation to stand upon their heads to get the part / parts any way that they can. They ought to be phoning / e mailing dealers, larger repair shops too, in a determined effort to snag the part / s. To sit on their ass and say" O well, you must understand that Italy is on vacation" doesn't help ONE BIT.

Customer service is what I'm talking, it's all about that, nothing other.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Parts have been slow for the past 6 months.. it's not just this month- My bike has ran about 1.5 hours in 5 months because the distribution is jacked and so are the electrical systems in the brutes!! Wake up MV ..you are losing customers-

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Recieved the update of all updates today lol. Talked to the parts person on Friday of last week he stated MV should start shipping out parts this Monday give me a call on Tuesday and we will see if they sent your parts out. Call tuesday am at 10 get the parts person says sorry I have not had a chance to call I will call you back later. Hours go by and I call again at 5:30 pm right before they close get the parts guy again and he says yea I have not had a chance to call. Really my bike has been there since July 9th and you dont have a chance to make a 10 minute phone call? I then ask him for the number directly as I am going to followup from this point forward. He says I dont even have the phone number I have not looked for it or how to contact them.

Honestly if you guys have good shops around your house please cherish them because they are far and few between. I have a hard time understanding how customer service has reached these types of levels. Btw I have spent at least 3,000 dollars at this store in gear and bike repair.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts