MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a issue with my bike and wanted to see if you guys have similar issues. Bike turns on fine, runs fine, after a while of riding every time I come to a stop or let go of the throttle it will shut off on me (1st 2nd and 3rd) it does hot happend if I keep the Rpms up, sometimes when it dies I have trouble starting it back up, it will show “ignition coil #1 fault, ignition coil#4 fault” and will keep saying ignition coils are “fault” untill it finally starts back up after a few times of trying.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
which bike mate? there are pretty big differences between the 2010 and 2013+ F4's

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
It is possible you have a vacuum leak somewhere, then, as you try repeatedly to start the bike, the battery voltage goes low and you start showing faults.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
I think you have fouled spark plugs. Possibly causing the intermittent coil fault codes.
I would replace them before chasing down any other paths, especially If they are original.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you have fouled spark plugs. Possibly causing the intermittent coil fault codes.
I would replace them before chasing down any other paths, especially If they are original.
Your right! Did not think of that. I was thinking of taking the bike to a shop so they can check it out, but I might replace plugs myself and see if that fixes the issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is possible you have a vacuum leak somewhere, then, as you try repeatedly to start the bike, the battery voltage goes low and you start showing faults.
I will check that out! I downloaded the “workshop Manual” I’m going to try to locate all the vacuum hoses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts