MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me, or is this a new one to add to the characteristics of the brutale, when i start the bike on choke,it revs normally about 2000-3000 revs, but when i back it of the drive and turn the handle bars to the right the revs go up quite high,and i have to turn choke off.this does not happen when i turn right on the bike, so is this a choke related problems, any advice will be helpful, please remember i am still quite new to the brutale, so forgive me if a silly common problem.:blah:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Its not a choke mate its just fast idle .It will start without let it warm a minute or two before you ride off.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's got choke wrote on it, and i do let the tempt up to 40degrees, but why when i turn the bars right, what you just saying don't use it,!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o.k thanks for your help. I'll have a mess t'morrow

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
check Your trottle cables , make sure there is nothing catching or obstructing the cables when you turn the handlebars ,check the routhing under the tank airbox etc.Make sure (with engine off ) that when you turn handlebars to the right or left your trottle runs smoothly no obstruction of any kind,It sounds to me like your trotle cable is geting caught on something when you turn handlebars !!! Also check your trotle cables adjustment (play)

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Your throttle cables need adjustment, and confirm correct routing as well. All the "choke' lever does is twist the grip for you just a touch to open the throttle for a fast idle (useful on fuel injected machines when ambient temps are cold). If rpm gets faster when you turn the bars to the right then the cables are being pulled open even more. Improper routing is most likely cause, but could just be adjusted with too little freeplay.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i hardly use the "joke". and when i use it just for switching on the bike and then
immediately turn off the joke. (actually i was told to do so by my dealer)
i never had any problems using it this way and if your troubles are only joke
related this may be the simplest solution.

·
Registered
417 Posts
o.k thanks for your help. I'll have a mess t'morrow
you should be able to see the twist grip move slightly open when you turn the choke lever

maybe a tight routing of throttle cables when you turn the bars...hope all checked out ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts