MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am planning a ride in May 2010 for a week or so Nevadah/Southern Utah.

Most reasonably priced bike rentals seem to be Harleys. Having got over my "Wild Hog" stage years ago and realising that you could get bikes that perform I am very reluctant to hire a Harley. There don't seem to be many other options, the odd BMW but they are twice the price of a HD.

Was thinking of K1300S. Riding an F4 here in New Zealand, I dont want anything too dull.

Does anyone know of any non mainstream rental companies that maybe don't show up too well in google and would have some more sporty bikes?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
La to Vegas would be a boring - mostly freeway ride and stinking HOT. Better do La to San Francisco via Highway 1.

Lots of Harleys to choose from not sure about sports or touring bikes for rentals.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
My route in about 1986 was LA (PCH) to SF - Sacramento - Route 49 - Yosemite - Mammoth Lakes - Death Valley - Vegas.
Very pleasant drive, packing a lot of sights. The return through the desert not so much, except for a detour through the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.

I would be inclined to go for a tourer rather than a sports bike.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
My son and I flew to Salt Lake, rented a couple of HD Road Kings and spent seven days wandering Utah. No schedule, no reservations. Got the bikes from Eagle Rider (google them) and they were top notch. Damn near new as I remember. Best time I've had in ages. Check 'em out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Eagle Rider rents a wide variety of good touring bikes besides Harley's

I have rented from them several times and have been happy...do know that the Eagle Rider franchises that are linked to dealers tend to take on the personality of said dealership though. They have a good sized, stand alone operation near LAX Airport in LA that is a good group of people and they totally get the concept of people flying in to rent a bike for a vacation (so I would suggest reaching out to them to see who they might recommend in the area you plan to travel)...Utah, Colorado and parts of Nevada are quite beautiful. Good luck, have fun...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I will work through them. I was in Salt Lake City for WSBK last year but did not get much chnace to look around the State, what I saw impressed me though, enough to head back for another look from a bike instead of a rental car this time! I reckon I will miss my F4 on some of those roads though!! Cheers and thanks again.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
An 1198 would NOT be my choice for tooling around. Get an HD "Barcalounger".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts