MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just speaking to one of the guys from MotoGB, apparently BIKE magazine borrowed a Brutale 1078 last month, the article should be in the next issue, they loved it (obviously)!

Martin

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I was just speaking to one of the guys from MotoGB, apparently BIKE magazine borrowed a Brutale 1078 last month, the article should be in the next issue, they loved it (obviously)!

Martin
WHY is a bicycle magazine testing the Brutale? A little out of there league.:stickpoke
LOL! Thanks for heads up!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
An interesting comparison test. Twice as expensive, twice as fast? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
572 Posts
To be sure, it's twice as good looking.

I like their recommendation at the end: to buy a 910.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just liked the quote:

"But for all its image, compared to a 1078, the Zed is as taxing as
a Parkinson interview. The Z1000 is mug of Ovaltine and an early
night next to the frenzied, 36-hour, six-in-a-bed, cocaine-binge
Brutale. The MV is savagery made stylish, a nuclear-powered
caveman in an Armani loincloth. A proper badass."

I can't wait for our demo to arrive!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just liked the quote:

"But for all its image, compared to a 1078, the Zed is as taxing as
a Parkinson interview. The Z1000 is mug of Ovaltine and an early
night next to the frenzied, 36-hour, six-in-a-bed, cocaine-binge
Brutale. The MV is savagery made stylish, a nuclear-powered

I can't wait for our demo to arrive!
Obviously at this point I should stress that I have never been an Ovaltine user, nor could I condone the use of any warm, bedtime drinks!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Obviously at this point

OBVIOUSLY, at this point you would like to stress that you are a habitual 6-in-a-bed user.... Would you care to enlarge on the 6-in-a-bed...? :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I just liked the quote:

"...... The MV is savagery made stylish, a nuclear-powered
Remember friends.......this was a Brutie quote, not a pansy ass F4!

Just think, if Lee had worn any kind of loin cloth on his Tambo, I wouldn't be having continual nightmares.

:stickpoke :) :naughty: :shitfan:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OBVIOUSLY, at this point you would like to stress that you are a habitual 6-in-a-bed user.... Would you care to enlarge on the 6-in-a-bed...? :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate
Mike, PLEASE! Only a Dutchman could think such a thing. This is gentle, refined England, NOT hedonistic Amsterdam!

The idea of six, seven or even eight in a bed need not be risqué! I refer you to the innocent picture below! However looking at the image again with fresh eyes does raise the question, what was sprinkled along the end of the bed?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Just think, if Lee had worn any kind of loin cloth on his Tambo, I wouldn't be having continual nightmares.

You're right Randy,
Someone make the nightmares stop! I no longer dare sleep or even close my eyes! That picture was the most effective contraception yet invented, it's akin to electronic castration!

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts

Ohhhhh, Randa, how could you open the door soooooo wide? That's because we F4 riders would tame the Brutale handily with our superior skill and control, probably finding it a bit lacking in manners and refinement...needing a good kick in the :nutkick:to make it submit, but submit it would.

The F4, however, provides power and grace, speed and style, raciness:)naughty:) and refinement....just like us F4 owners...:drummer:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
HoHoHoHO:stickpoke

·
Registered
102 Posts
The article says Adrian Morton designed the bike and not Tamburini. Any evidence that's true? Tamburini was the Design Chief and made the final decisions, but this Morton guy probably did the sketches. Interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
This is what I found with a quick search:
http://www.twistgrip.co.za/review_benellitnt.htm

With the resurgence of the MV Agusta marques with the introduction of the F4, the ball was set rolling for a young British designer fresh out of college to join the MV design team to work on the Brutale project. Why is this significant? Well, the head of the MV project was the legendary Tamborini, the man responsible for the 916 and co-employee of Galuzzii. In short, the Brutale was the most Italian-looking naked motorcycle since the introduction of the Monster, almost a decade earlier.

Who was this designer? Adrian Morton. At 27, Adrian left the CRC, the birthplace of most modern Italian machines, to join an obscure company trying to rebuild its past glory. Benelli. Responsible for some noteworthy in-line six-cylinder machines in past decades, Benelli went belly-up after a stubborn challenge from the Japanese machines, including the Z 1300. But, in true Italian fashion, Benelli rose from the ashes and immediately launched an armada of small scooters, which flooded the market and won the firm important market share and profits.

Still, looming behind the scene, Morton was given free reign on a major project. The Benelli Tornado 900 Tre might have been the worst kept secret in history, but the hype surrounding the machine was matched by its presence. The Tornado was everything that Benelli, and the public, had hoped for. It was an over-designed piece of art. However, a hefty price tag, some manufacturing problems and a disastrous World Superbike campaign dampened spirits somewhat. The Benelli failed to capture the imagination as the F4 so easily did.

Still, for a British designer, Morton sure succeeded in adding a load of Italian flair. And, for at least half a season, fans were again treated to the crackling roar of a three-cylinder machine at full tilt on British tracks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
They should fire their translator I say, since when Brutale means Bastard?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts