MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, here is a little review of the lift. To my surprise it is 100% made in Italy! There is a sticker that says so, and so does the box. Interesting since the name of the company is Bike-Lift USA. Anyway, the lift required minimal assembly. The instructions were in Italian and useless, but looking at the picture it didn't take more than 10 seconds to figure out how to put it together.

It comes with 2 different pins to use on bikes that have a hole on the lower triple, and the plate for MV Agustas and Ducatis with no hole on the lower triple. A part of the tube was protruding from the top of the plate and for sure it would have scratched the lower triple, so I cut it off with a saw and used a air sander to sand it flush.

I sanded the whole plate to ruff it up and sprayed it with 6 coats of Plasti-Dip rubber coating. 6 layers may have been overkill but I wanted to make sure there was enough rubber on there to #1 give it good non slip grip, and #2 not scratch the lower triple.

The lift seems very well built, and breaks down flat for storage. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Here is a little video review and some pics of the plate mod. In the video you can see the tube sticking out of the top of the plate that I had to cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoekSZEC3A

Here are some pics after cutting the little tube and after spraying on the Plasti-Dip rubber coating.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
nice one Joe....

my F&G has the same thing sticking up, must have been for a Ducati too

good fix! thanks my friend

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Noel. It was a easy fix. The rubber coating should keep it from scratching the lower triple also, I did apply 6 coats afterall :D

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Do not know if they have them in stock, but motoworld online has them for a good price.
http://www.motoworldonline.com/Bike-Lift-Front-Stand-11_p_4594.html
thanks!

I realize this thread is ancient, but wanted to thank the previous poster for notifying me of the Bike-lift vendor here in the States. $164 with free shipping for a rear stand. Not bad! Was trying to find a US dealer for the FG or Lightech rear stands and could not find any ones that were reasonably priced compared to the Italian vendors priced in Euro currency(strong dollar these days propping up ebay.it!!! bought a bunch of stuff this weekend from Italy, online). Anyways, just posted so that others have an alternative to the $175 pitbull stand(which is awesome btw, but I wanted a red stand cos, well, I guess im just vane like that)... a rear stand really shouldnt cost more than a buckfitty anways.

EDIT: looks like i spoke too soon. Had my order refunded the next day due to the part being out of stock... so it looks like i am inthe market for a used pitbull stand for $80-100 and a $5 can of red plastidip:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts