MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello recently rode the bike 400km after stopping bike was unable to start even tried with new battery this doesn’t help the dash shows phase sensor error. There are no mv service centres in my city. Please help me out from this situation anyone knows the solution. Bike is in workshop since 2 months. Im attaching photo of dash

mfg year-2017
Model-f3 800

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,951 Posts
Welcome.
There are quite a few threads on teh subject.
The following is a good place to start:

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts
Welcome to the family. Please introduce yourself with a post in the New Member section.

·
Registered
226 Posts
just went through this.
unfortunately, its your sprag clutch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i took it to a mechanic some how he started the bike and asked me to change starter relay and side stand switch have done it but bike still doesn’t start bought a new local battery which doesnt help is it exactly sprag clutch issue? If its sprag clutch which compenents i need to replace only sprag is enough or any other starting components? Im attaching a link of bike starting problem. Please help

video link-

·
Registered
226 Posts
so i took it to a mechanic some how he started the bike and asked me to change starter relay and side stand switch have done it but bike still doesn’t start bought a new local battery which doesnt help is it exactly sprag clutch issue? If its sprag clutch which compenents i need to replace only sprag is enough or any other starting components? Im attaching a link of bike starting problem. Please help

video link-

+

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
When I had the same the cam chain jumped a few teeth. Expensive repair and decided to trade in the bike. Was all fixed though.

·
Super Moderator
25,951 Posts
That is not a Sprag issue.
I say that because the bike starts within a few seconds of pushing the start button and then it dies.
Replacing the start solenoid was a waste as was the side stand switch.
Were those things the issue, the bike would not fire...at all. In the case for the side stand switch, the bike would not turn over...at all.
To me, this appears to be a fueling issue: poor fuel, poor delivery, bad TPS setting....etc.
What are you using as a guide for troubleshooting?
(I'd be looking for a different mechanic...)

Reactions: Brutale76

·
Registered
226 Posts
I say that because the bike starts within a few seconds od pushing the start button and then it dies.
Were those things the issue, the bike would not fire...at all. In the case fo the side stand switch, the bike would not turn over...at all.
To me, this appears to be a fuelling issue: poor fuel, poor delivery, bad TPS setting....etc.
What are you sing as a guide for troubleshooting?
What you say makes sense, but I spent the entire summer over 3 mechanics trying to figure it out. And only after following the 3red mechanics advice of putting in a new sprag and getting high gauge wiring did the problem disappear. Was a royal pain in the butt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I say that because the bike starts within a few seconds of pushing the start button and then it dies.
Were those things the issue, the bike would not fire...at all. In the case for the side stand switch, the bike would not turn over...at all.
To me, this appears to be a fueling issue: poor fuel, poor delivery, bad TPS setting....etc.
What are you using as a guide for troubleshooting?
It was mostly likely the higher gage wiring that did the trick.
What you suggest me to do now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What you say makes sense, but I spent the entire summer over 3 mechanics trying to figure it out. And only after following the 3red mechanics advice of putting in a new sprag and getting high gauge wiring did the problem disappear. Was a royal pain in the butt.
Do you have any video of bike starting before replacing sprag clutch

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had that error when I forgot to plug something important in either the throttle body control or the fuel tank but can't remember which. Needless to say mine was a super easy fix, and a reminder to not be a dummy. I do remember trying to figure out what would cause the phase error only to eventually see something unplugged. I believe it the control for the throttle bodies just not sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same issue and warning on the dash, charged to the updates sprag clutch, and issue was non existent immediately. Not an easy DYI job, but I had found a local moto shop and it worked out - two days job $600 labor + the part
Good luck !

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts
I had that error when I forgot to plug something important in either the throttle body control or the fuel tank but can't remember which. Needless to say mine was a super easy fix, and a reminder to not be a dummy. I do remember trying to figure out what would cause the phase error only to eventually see something unplugged. I believe it the control for the throttle bodies just not sure.
Probably the manifold pressure sensor that connects to #1 intake manifold. Either loose hose or unplugged connector.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts