MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to see some options on what guys have come up with when doing a full transformation on these beauties. Brutale specific. My deadline is the Indy Moto GP to be shown at the Italian bike show the Friday before the race.

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts
Search alktrax's posts...he is a design wizard in Europe with some nifty paint jobs. Personally...I like my stock 910R white paint scheme.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Search for Alktrax. His work is great.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, have seen his. I like most but this design is much more complex. Rims, fenders, tank, tail, windscreen, every piece is getting some love, even oil cooler cover. It is still a lot of parts and no way I can ship every part over seas. My painter is 7 mi away.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
My suggestion, for what it is worth, is try and keep the project in perspective. You are on the show bike circuit. As such you are going to be surrounded by bikes that have been over painted, over chromed, over everything(ed).

It is easy to lose sight of the fact that the beauty of the Brutale is its simplicity. Everything flows, everything fits, nothing stands out. The entire bike is one subtle but powerful visual statement. You go fucking with painting the rims, radiator, seat and whatever else you're going to loose that.

Don't confuse love with sodomy.

That's my 2 cents. (Sorry to be blunt. I just read one of Noel's posts.)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will be pleased, rims are just getting the red line like the CC, and the paint scheme is so subtle, you'll have to be 2 feet away to see the detail, no chrome for this lady, let's just say it is heavily influenced by a Tamburini creation, and who better to know how to make a bike's lines flow? I have stressed simple, clean, aggressive, subtle, flow. and visit every few days to observe progress.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+100

You will be pleased, rims are just getting the red line like the CC, and the paint scheme is so subtle, you'll have to be 2 feet away to see the detail, no chrome for this lady, let's just say it is heavily influenced by a Tamburini creation, and who better to know how to make a bike's lines flow? I have stressed simple, clean, aggressive, subtle, flow. and visit every few days to observe progress.
Can't wait to see what you came up with Jason.:yo:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Well, it sounds nice Jason. I was afraid you had gone over the edge and it was going to look like a Harley or Hyabusa.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it sounds nice Jason. I was afraid you had gone over the edge and it was going to look like a Harley or Hyabusa.

I'd kill myself first. This bike will be Italian sex on wheels. Harley's will be ashamed to even be on the same road.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is not the Tamburini I am looking for, but I'm not telling, yet. CC is close but if it was a 5, this design is a 20 on a scale of 0-10.

tamburini is not the most subtle one

CC is difficult on a brutale

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A buddy I ride with has this bike. There will be matte black.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's just say there is a "fighter" theme.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looking forward to JC, i allways admire anyone willing to change something in order to get it exactly how they want, of course there is no cure for bast taste but i'm sure your Brute will turn out just fine. I am currently in the process of having my 1090RR completely re-dun from suspension to paint work. Will post pics when it's done but wont be for at least 4-6 weeks yet as i have to sort a few things out in order for it all to come together.

james

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
saw a pic of one in a bright yellow and red frame looked pretty sexxxxxxy
been looking for the pic but cant find it ....so i might have been drunk or just dreaming

1 - 20 of 36 Posts