MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
They may be coming very rare now but those 600's are ugly ducklings for sure. Black pig is an appropriate name.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Superb machine - you would expect no less from our Dorian, and a finer gentleman you are unlikely to meet! Enjoy it (and the others) in wonderful health. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi All.

Thanks for the kind words.

Adam Bolton, the guy that owns Italian Motor Magazine and a good friend, asked if i could write a few words for the Bike EXIF feature. I must admit i didn't realy know what to say, hence some of the waffle!

There will be a full test etc in the next issue. It realy is a honour to be able to ride such a bike and get as many other folk to see it as poss. I cannot understand this idea that you hide rare and special bikes away....what is the point.

Now, if you think that the 600 is rare, i have something in my workshop at the moment that makes it look like a Honda!

Here is a little taster and a pat on the head for the first person to identify it correctly:) Look carefully at this picture!

All the best.

Dorian.

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Damn Dorian, when you hand out an assignment you certainly don't make it easy. Hell with the cables dropping underneath, that almost looks like a left handed throttle!! :confused: after searching through all my stuff last night I have been reduced to :popcorn:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dorian, the 600 is simply beautiful, headlight and all:). I would have it any day over a 750GT! With that photo, you sure you haven't reversed the negative just to throw us? I can assure you it is not a Checca :devil:

·
Registered
576 Posts
No photo trickery involved and it's not a '57' Sport 175.

You might need to dig VERY deep in the MV books etc to find any help but i'm not going to give in and tell you yet:laughing:

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
nice 600 Dorian. Yep, they are one of the ugliest bikes ever but they start to grow on you. Just love the brakes on the 600, cable operated discs. the blurb says there was a yellow bike. Was that after market or factory paint job? It was in Australia before heading overseas and featured in a magazine article.

As for your new bike ... how does a 150 T-18 sound. It's probably obscure enough that it doesn't appear in many books.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks Jon, glad you liked it.

Russ, yes the yellow bike was original factory. As far as we can tell the only original factory colours were black (99% of the bikes), one yellow and one blue. Although i have seen other colours, including red, i think they where all done ex factory.

The yellow bike was ordered by Kym Bonython the Adelaide arts and racing entepreneur who died just this year. The bike came to the UK about 10 years a go and is still around somewhere i think.

NO not a 150 T-18.....more obscure than even that!

All the best.

Dorian.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No one else want to have a guess?

I will leave it untill next week and put you out of your misery:)

It really is a VERY special bike and i have been fortunate to be able to play with it all this week, something that i thought i would never be able to do. So far the absolute height of my MV career.

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm going to look at it from a different angle.

Is it an unrestored go-to-work bike of the Count himself? Some prototype with an automatic clutch?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Oepie.

You are by far the nearest, in fact i would say you are 90% there.

All will be revealed next week:laughing:

Dorian.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Russ, you are spot on. I will provide details etc on Monday with hopefully a video and pictures etc.

It is the only known example, even the Museum has not seen one in 50 years!

We are trying to do a proper detailed ducumentation of it before it poss vanishes into a private collection and no doubt gets restored.

Well done again, and oepie, as i think he poss put you on the right track!

Dorian.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts