MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying my brutaly 910 R last week it has now died on me
problem the datatool alarm has shorted out and went bang, bike will not run nothing. Contacted dealer where i bought it and he is going to sort it out gutted , advice dont fit an alarm more trouble than there worth .

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a datatool alarm on my 910R when I bought it, and was the first thing that I took off my bike.

Cheers,
Laur.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Any tips as I need to do that on mine this winter - I hate alarms and immobilisers

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:cussing::cussing:ah mate DataTool......ive got a long story on here somewhere regarding the alarm i had on my old F4. Worst day ever!!! in short, Datatool alarms are one of the only systems whose remote keyfobs struggle to send codes in areas of high radio traffic. For example, somewhere where there are lots of wifi devices . which is where i was when i couldnt get mine to start. by some divine intervention a bloke passed by who was a datatool engineer, he came back with a box of tools and proceeded to pull my alarm out. Its now on the bottom of the english channel, where i threw it.:yo:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer is picking the bike up on fri, have had a look took tank of and its fried a big lump of wireing comeing from the alarm that goses to fuel pump not touching it, dealer can fix it also headlamp glass loose and rear shock gone top and bot rubber is coming out of eyelets can move from side to side about 6 mm, only had a week am getting dealer to fix as he gave me 6 months warenty bikes only done 6000 miles.

·
Banned
676 Posts
:cussing::cussing:ah mate DataTool......ive got a long story on here somewhere regarding the alarm i had on my old F4. Worst day ever!!! in short, Datatool alarms are one of the only systems whose remote keyfobs struggle to send codes in areas of high radio traffic. For example, somewhere where there are lots of wifi devices . which is where i was when i couldnt get mine to start. by some divine intervention a bloke passed by who was a datatool engineer, he came back with a box of tools and proceeded to pull my alarm out. Its now on the bottom of the english channel, where i threw it.:yo:
POLLUTER! :thewife:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can now report no probs with this bike now alarm ditched thanks to dealer , have sorted the jerky throttle
by manually resetting the TPS throttle balance and CO to 3.5% put new coolant in bike and replaced the water pump seal , replaced oil & oil filter dealer put wrong oil and filter on bike, bike is performing well totally different to when i bought it. will have to watch my speed now its a hooligan or is that me ha ha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts