MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok need some suggestions .I have a 2014 B3 800 and it has suddenly started cutting out when I pull up to junctions or the gate house to get into work .
Feels fine when there are some revs on and it's cruising along no misfires and doesn't sound like there's anything amiss .
Could it be an air filter issue 馃

Registered
Prob not. How old is your battery? Has it been tended to? Your bike runs well when the alternator is doing its job. As soon as you lower the revs your battery most likely has low voltage. Test your battery. I bet its time for a replacement kept on a charger when not in use. --Your filter would have to be pretty clogged up from dust storms. For a 2014 that's unlikely unless you have a shit load of miles on it, even then...

Super Moderator
What is your mileage and maintenance history?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Prob not. How old is your battery? Has it been tended to? Your bike runs well when the alternator is doing its job. As soon as you lower the revs your battery most likely has low voltage. Test your battery. I bet its time for a replacement kept on a charger when not in use. --Your filter would have to be pretty clogged up from dust storms. For a 2014 that's unlikely unless you have a shit load of miles on it, even then...
Brand new Yuasa battery I went for that as an initial problem

Administrator
Do you mean engine stalling ??? Low idle speed on early models. Is yours ride-by-wire or cable throttle?

Fouling plugs is another culprit.

Administrator
At 5000 miles it should not have needed much in the way of service. Did you get some crappy gas?
Check your spark plugs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
At 5000 miles it should not have needed much in the way of service. Did you get some crappy gas?
Check your spark plugs.
Quick question issue only seems to be once it's in gear in first do you think there is a possibility it could be a clutch cable issue will check plugs tomorrow

Super Moderator
There is an interplay between your clutch switch and your side stand switch.
If your clutch switch is malfunctioning, you likely would not be able to start the bike as an interlock must be satisfied that says the clutch lever is pulled in.
If the bike is in gear, and running, and the kickstand is put down then the bike will stop running.
I would check the kickstand switch.

Please put your bike model and year in your signature line so that, as this thread goes on, we can easily figure out what bike is being diagnosed. The title of the thread is no help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts