MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have read many threads about that issue, so I need just a little help and opinions from you.

Yesterday I made a carborator "doors" setup and air intake setup with a mechanic, that knows his way around... After that I have run the bike for 60 kilometers and it was mint, so I wanted to give it a go today and the bike only cranked but not started... I have checked the fuel lines, sparkplugs, put the tank (10 liters in it) on nothing... Then I checked the fuel connectors, the L one and the "out" one snapped... I then tested the bike, so I put the fuel directly in the carborator and try to started it and it fired up for a couple of seconds..

I thinkt that is only the broken fuel L out connector, that couldn't deliver enough fuel...

I'm on vacation and should be going home tomorrow, so I would need your brainstorming help, in case that the metal connector doesnt solve the problem.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
If a metal connector doesn't solve the problem, then it is the fuel line off the discharge of the pump.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
You may be on the right path but if this is the Brutale S that is in your registry then I suspect another culprit could be the immersible fuel lines in your fuel tank.
Check their integrity and that they are all securely connected.
A quick test is to open the fuel cap and use an intrinsically safe light source to look for any turbulence in the fuel when you turn the ignition on (thus priming the fuel injection system via the fuel pump which is located in your fuel tank). Another safety consideration is safety glasses if there is a limited volume of fuel.
If you see a turbulent movement of fuel then one of your fuel lines has either ruptured or become disconnected from the fuel pump.
You'll need to drain the fuel from the tank, remove the tank from the bike, invert the tank and remove the fuel pump to reattach or replace the immersible fuel line(s).
Given that this is a Brutale S, I'd suggest replacing the fuel lines as the S model is now about 10 or more years old.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Chuck.
I should point out that the test I have suggested above must be done after the replacement L shaped fuel connector has been installed.

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
Hello my brother! Miss you guys.

To the OP: If you decide to replace your fuel lines, I have the correct hose here. Let ne know where you are and I'll send it to you at cost. (Less expensive than you can buy it. Unless you buy in bulk.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys! Thanks for your help! It was the hose on the fuel pump that got disconnected. I have put it back together and she started right away. I brought her home safely already. Thanks for your support, your the best.

Special thanks to Miko who provided me with the parts and advices.

Regards, Ziga

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello my brother! Miss you guys.

To the OP: If you decide to replace your fuel lines, I have the correct hose here. Let ne know where you are and I'll send it to you at cost. (Less expensive than you can buy it. Unless you buy in bulk.)

Silent service, what size and type of fuel hose do I need to get to replace the fuel lines in the tank and also replace the overflow and fuel filler water line?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
For the internal pressurized lines you need on foot of J30R10 spec submersible hose 5/16" internal diameter.

For the internal non-pressurized drain and vent lines, you need about three feet of 5/16" Buna-N single wall tubing.

I have all of that here. If you want some sent to you PM me.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts