MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is crazy, but has anyone ever turned an F4 into a Brutale? I was reading a sport rider article about making an R1 into a naked and got inspired...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I ride mine without the fairings while I'm doing work or servicing on it.

This (historic town of richmond) was two weeks ago on the way to Port Arthur 90k's south east of Hobart.

Many guys that saw it thought it looked wicked or mean!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible and reasonable?

Brutale handlebars? No fairing? Different lights? Can it be done? Is it crazy?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I ride mine without the fairings while I'm doing work or servicing on it.

This (historic town of richmond) was two weeks ago on the way to Port Arthur 90k's south east of Hobart.

Many guys that saw it thought it looked wicked or mean!!!

So this thread is about "conversions"... Not missing parts... :p

·
Registered
658 Posts
Gazman, how much cooler does your F4 run when you took the fairings off? My buddy, who has a 1098 says his runs a lot cooler. He has been running it most of the summer here without the fairings. We call it the featherless Duck.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Not to bad, just a little different:smoking:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
She runs quite a few degrees cooler, haven't tried it in summer sun though - Our summer is just about to start!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! Not bad.

I'd be very interested in learning more about the components they used in the conversion. I love my F4, but I'm not as young and flexible as I used to be. The Brutale ergos are far superior for me...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Wow! Not bad.

I'd be very interested in learning more about the components they used in the conversion. I love my F4, but I'm not as young and flexible as I used to be. The Brutale ergos are far superior for me...
Welcome to my world Mogan......:jsm:

·
Registered
119 Posts
ok, since it sounds like u guys are a little uninformed.. look around at 'streetfighters', look at http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ and see what can be done.. the term streetfighter is reserved for a fully faired street bike being stripped and modified to hell and back.. from a quick guess/look, all u would need to do the basic conversion would be the headlight assy, top triple/bars/mirrors (complete front end would be better) and then strip off the fairings and any brackets, hide any visable holes from said brackets, and hey presto, an agusta brutale :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
oh, you would also need to double check the lenght of the wiring for the controls and see if they have enough lenght to fit up to the higher bars... oh and brake lines as well..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh, you would also need to double check the lenght of the wiring for the controls and see if they have enough lenght to fit up to the higher bars... oh and brake lines as well..
Ok, I'm ignorant, but willing to learn!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to my world Mogan......:jsm:
Randarosa-

You are either very confused or really wise... what an eclectic set of steeds!

Interestingly, the S4RS is on my list of possible machines... do you prefer it over the Brutale? I'm also thinking about a 1078RR, but am not sure the $$$ will be there when the bike finally arrives.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts