MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the headline article in the latest issue of PowerSports Business.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Good read. I know the parts I recently ordered from the dealer arrived in about two weeks. One of them even said it was on back order.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The fact that all the Euro4 models purchased after Nov 1st will have a 3 year warranty now is pretty nice. They must be confident that the changes made have raised the reliabilty a great amount.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Good news!
I never understood why MV didn't grow big in the States like for instance Ducati.
I don't know if it's my perception - social network - that MV it seems to have a better rhythm in Auustralia and NZ.

·
Super Moderator
22,316 Posts
I see a retirement job in my future....

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Promising words, but no mention of quality improvements; only "while maintaining the hand-built in-Italy approach". Good read, regardless. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Good news!
I never understood why MV didn't grow big in the States like for instance Ducati.
I don't know if it's my perception - social network - that MV it seems to have a better rhythm in Auustralia and NZ.
It is also pretty good in the UK as well:smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
290 Posts
because their dealer setup is a joke and a half as well as rep communication. they don't want new dealers in hot areas at all. they should just go online only. order the bike, have it delivered. drop it off at a service center like a Tesla. raise the price 10% to cover it all. probably sell better at a higher price as well.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Good news!
I never understood why MV didn't grow big in the States like for instance Ducati.....
Ever heard the old adage "How fast you go depends on how much you are willing to spend"? It applies in this case as well. Ducati does a great job with marketing. I don't know their A&P budget, but its healthy. When was the last time you have seen an MV advertisement? In America, its all about brand recognition. Is Ducati better than MV? Hell no! Is Ducati brand much more recognized in the US than MV? Hell yes!

Ok, I grant that Ducati has a different objective and sells across a significantly broader range of audiences but for MV to gain traction it needs to organize a strong advertising and promotion campaign aimed at its target market. The article was a nice read but typical corporate BS with no real information provided. Yeah, the dealer base is being evaluated and expanded but what about dealer support?

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The article was a nice read but typical corporate BS with no real information provided. Yeah, the dealer base is being evaluated and expanded but what about dealer support?
Oh I don't know.... This paragraph in particular caught my eye.

JE: First and foremost we are now seeing significant changes and improvement in the aftersales department in Italy, marketing and product development, which all flows through to us in North America, making for an improvement and are now starting to flow through.

This combined with stabilized and improved supply chain partners and the introduction of the updated Euro 4 platform will see improved durability, reliability and among all, an exceptional riding experience with many technical updates to electronics, engine/gearbox and chassis.

We will also see a significant increase in online exposure and our attendance at events with the intention to also consider a roadshow mid-2018. With this in mind, we will be working to engage our clients more frequently for rides which is something else we hope to see introduced in 2018.

We can only thank our clients and dealers for being patient with us in the past and look forward to working to exceed expectations in the future with the committed and passionate team we have in North America.

·
Super Moderator
22,316 Posts
Maybe I can get them to sponsor the 2018 Gapalicious......

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ever heard the old adage "How fast you go depends on how much you are willing to spend"? It applies in this case as well. Ducati does a great job with marketing....
I agree, if by marketing you mean supporting racing and hiring the best riders, bringing to mind the more appropriate adage: "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". I personally can't remember seeing any MV or Ducati adds off the racetrack.

MV had: Bertoni, Sandford, O'rourke, Minter, Carlo Ubbiali, John Surtees, Mike Hailwood, Giacomo Agostini, Phil Read in the 40's -70's.

Ducati had/has: Troy Bayless, Valentino Rossi, Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden, Andrea Dovizioso, Cal Crutchlow, Jorge Lorenzo, Shane Byrne, IN THIS CENTURY. >:)

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts