MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's well known yet, but the FBF AMA Team has switched suspension supliers.

The new guys are Ohlins!

All the bikes are now fitted with the gas-charged Superbike-spec Ohlins forks and rear shocks. I think this is a good step for the team since there is a LOT more data out there on how to get the Ohlins setup.

I have some photos that we'll work on getting uploaded after the racing today.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Hmm... Good news and bad I guess.
It's good that the existing data will help the team get up to speed faster, but bad news in that they'll no longer be useful for oem r&d.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
I was very shocked to hear that news during the running of the race today. hopefully that will be a positive addition to the bike and allowing them to get that power down to the track!

Nice run Luca and Matt. Good to see your guys up in and around the top 10!!! :f4:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I can't speak for the riders, but that's gotta be a positive step. With guys like Thermosman in the pits to build that stuff, and lots of very smart dudes, it really makes sense. I know the Honda factory team switched to it too, which is even more surprising than MV to me.

The Marzocchi forks that the superbikes were using were not the same ones that come on the stock bike, so I'm not sure if what they were doing had much to do with improving the stock bike.

If you look at racing, there aren't many teams who have had much success with anything other than Ohlins or Showa. There is some WP here and there doing good, notibly Ten Kate. But unless I'm missing something, that's about it.

I'd love to hear from the guys about it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
GRand looking forward to your photos-I am happy to see Luca & Matt up there-esp the 10th & 11th by Luca-how fast were they going at the end of the front straight?? It seems like that fast flowing track suited the MVs.

·
Job Hunting
62 Posts
Hey guys,
Yeah we made the switch, I think for the better. There is just more info in the paddock and the Ohlins suspension is great stuff. Not saying that the Marzocchi isnt good, it just needs more time and man power. The weekend went well for our first time on the new stuff. Luca and I both went faster than we did at the test. Now we have a test at VIR and we get to try some stuff some I am excited about that.. Thanks for the support and hope to see you guys at the track!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
BottleRocket50 said:
Hey guys,
Yeah we made the switch, I think for the better. There is just more info in the paddock and the Ohlins suspension is great stuff. Not saying that the Marzocchi isnt good, it just needs more time and man power. The weekend went well for our first time on the new stuff. Luca and I both went faster than we did at the test. Now we have a test at VIR and we get to try some stuff some I am excited about that.. Thanks for the support and hope to see you guys at the track!
Good to hear it Matt. Seems like it will be one less variable when you're dialing the bike in. More time to spend on other stuff I guess.

I hope this changes things for the better going forward. We're all looking forward to top 10 and better finishes, if possible.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a few pics, including one of Matt and Alex yakking, the new suspension (sorry for the pic quality), and a rear view of Luca (the most we saw of him in the pits):

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Guys - do you know whose triple clamp they are using? I'm betting that Ohlins isn't making a 50mm tube yet (ever?).

·
Job Hunting
62 Posts
Forks work with stock bottom triple clamp, The top is Fast By Ferracci clamp. We just finished a two day test at VIR. The test went really well! I think that you guys will be happy pretty soon. I know that I am very happy right now. I think that I have the bike the most comfortable that is has been for me this year. I love it! Thanks for the support!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Matt
Thanks for sharing about the upper tripple clamp. Was good talking to you at Elkhart. Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Matt, glad to hear the bike is working well for you. Keep riding hard, we're all pulling for you and Luca. Good luck out there and hope to see you at Laguna Seca. AMA races Laguna Seca right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts