MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Bore Brutale 1080

MV Agusta Deutschland-Geschäftsführer Udo Dörich has built fully loaded big brutale 1080.

170BHP 9needs still tweaking at 10.000 and up, mabe different camshafts)
see Mg engine parts and stuff!! My dream!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Holy crap. That's insane! Actually, I think it is just a matter of time before they make a Brutale with the 1000F4 engine. I know they can't fit it in their now, but it won't be long.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
anucci said:
Holy crap. That's insane! Actually, I think it is just a matter of time before they make a Brutale with the 1000F4 engine. I know they can't fit it in their now, but it won't be long.

The 910S is the same engine as the F4 1000 only they shortend the crankshaft from 55 to 50mm :nerd:

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Talk about a serious Brutale, no one this board can say they wouldn't love to have a chance to take a 170 hbp brutale around a track for a test ride. that is some serious power!! :koolaid:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
MV Blackie said:
The 910S is the same engine as the F4 1000 only they shortend the crankshaft from 55 to 50mm :nerd:
The way I understood it was the 910 was a bored and stroked 750 block, not a 1000, and like anucci said, the 1000 block doesn't fit.
Am I wrong?

Sweet bike however, talk about a S3 killer :guitarist

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fazer6 said:
The way I understood it was the 910 was a bored and stroked 750 block, not a 1000, and like anucci said, the 1000 block doesn't fit.
Am I wrong?

Sweet bike however, talk about a S3 killer :guitarist

All Crank cases are the same different crank and cilinderblock.
This is a 1000 egine in a Brutale frame, do not know if there is a problem fitting the airbox. Cilinder block is 6mm higher, so exhaust manifold needs to be from a 1000 as well. Frame was designed from the beginning for larger engines, therfore the oval hole.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Holy shit Batman! How much does it cost to change my lowly 910 to get 170 hp? I'm guessing about the price as another Brutale.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
604 Posts
airfuel, I went to the local auto parts store and bought some red pin striping tape.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I probably be cheaper to take the clothes off of the F41000 and put Brutale headlights and handlebars on it, plus you would have the cool organ exhaust to boot.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
312 Posts
i know the article from that bikemagazine from beginning to end (have reading it 30+ times before i bought the brutale)
MV Agusta decided not to place the full power F4 1000 engine , but made some changes to that engine (crankshaft) because that would be to much power for a naked bike
Thats what the bikemagazine published

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts