MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always loved the sound a a big V4 or the crossplane like the Yamaha's. Ive been contemplating selling my '06 B4 910S to get a Ducati streetfighter. I just dont like the I4 sound, been used to riding Ducati's and Aprilia's.

Question is is there a kit out there to change the crank and like components out to make my 910 into a crossplane?

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Simple answer there....no.

If you are wealthy enough, you could have a crank and cams made, and then have an EFI system modified to make it run...How much money do you have? 'cause it's going to be a LOT.... :popcorn:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Don't forget, your going to have to re route the exhaust also and may have to increase the diameter of some sections.
Actually, once I figure out some parts matching, that sounds like a great project for my spare motor.

TREEMV

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
Simple, buy the V4 of your choice.

·
Registered
400 Posts
What a cool project this would be. It would definitely require a crank, cams and ignition - but it would be great to see and hear a - cross plane/out of phase MV engine like that! Exhaust would have to changed to scavenge and make good power.

Now you have the available V4's and the Yamaha cross plane. I hope someone decides to build this!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Anthony, My nd passion is unique high performance builds . My spine collapsed in on itself now I have to find others with engineering/mechanical skills . If you do not live in California or florida forget it . Mechcanics now are just parts changers .

As for favorite engine set up? I like Undersquare Low tech, large displacement , engines with Big fuel injectors and turbo with lower rpm . So you get power and torque through LARGE explosions every RPM . Still keep engine longevity as long as you have strong forged internals

Daihatsu makes a 1000cc undersquare liquid cooled inline 3 turbo with 2 valves per cylinder pushrods.
Small compact engine 160hp135lbs torque 7000rpm incredible sound , like old MV triples .

Triumph Sprint 1050 turbo kits are 6000$ 220hp 165lbs torque . Cheaper than Kawasaki h2 same power and handles a lot better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts