MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped in my local Ducati dealer today, he has taken 10 deposits since last week, says the first will be here before the new year :jsm:

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I have to say Ducati has done a great job creating hype for this bike. It's probably good, because I think they are really counting on high volume sales for this bike. I'm curious as to how it will do after the first year ferver has settled down.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I'd be wary of counting "deposits" as sold though.
Remember the Sport Classics? How about the R1 LE?
Good bikes, lots of hype, all "sold out", and then once they arrived they sat in dealers showrooms for months, I know of some Paul Smarts and even a couple LE's that are STILL unsold.
When the new bikes arrive, then we'll see how many they sell.

Also, I have been talking to a few dealers, and they are wary of this themselves, as many of the people who want a 1098 are 999 owners, and they may be shocked when they find out how little they will get for their trade-ins, and suspect many buyers will hold off some.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
fazer6 said:
I'd be wary of counting "deposits" as sold though.
Remember the Sport Classics? How about the R1 LE?
Good bikes, lots of hype, all "sold out", and then once they arrived they sat in dealers showrooms for months, I know of some Paul Smarts and even a couple LE's that are STILL unsold.
When the new bikes arrive, then we'll see how many they sell.

Also, I have been talking to a few dealers, and they are wary of this themselves, as many of the people who want a 1098 are 999 owners, and they may be shocked when they find out how little they will get for their trade-ins, and suspect many buyers will hold off some.
Actually, that really works out for me. I bailed out of the 999 in the nick of time. :laughing:

I really like the 1098 but I'm not going to jump on the "me first" bandwagon and pay full MSPR when I'm pretty sure they'll be lots floating around in early 2008. I don't think the 1098 is going to be a hard to get bike like the MV was in 2000.

In one of these 1098 threads, someone mentioned Ducati wants to compete against the Japanese. I say that's really commendable on Ducati's part considering their size and budgets compared to the bike four! :yo:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
spalding12 said:
you know of R1 LEs that STILL exist

where? if i might ask?
have you ever ridden one?
There's at least one at YSA motorsports in Phoenix (they had 2 still, last I was there), and they had more in thier network (RideNow) of dealers, listing them for $18,000. Check here: http://www.ysasports.com/sr/showProduct.cgi and browse to sportbikes, it's at the bottom of the list.

No, I have not ridden one, but there I have seen them at trackdays, and I won't say anymore than it just comes down to the rider, and a faster bike won't make you a better rider.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
fazer6 said:
There's at least one at YSA motorsports in Phoenix (they had 2 still, last I was there), and they had more in thier network (RideNow) of dealers, listing them for $18,000. Check here: http://www.ysasports.com/sr/showProduct.cgi and browse to sportbikes, it's at the bottom of the list.

No, I have not ridden one, but there I have seen them at trackdays, and I won't say anymore than it just comes down to the rider, and a faster bike won't make you a better rider.
i was quite attracted to it, a bit of time ago

the 1098 base bike has better specs than the 999R
but.....
the R1 LE STILL has better specs than even the '07 R1..... no?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts